Domain Manage

Free .info domains

Discussion in 'Domain Research' started by DaveH, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveH United Kingdom

DaveH Active Member

Is this the beginning or the end for .info?

I've been informed that the .info registry will not be charging for new registrations.

Does seem a strange move for an extension already with a bad reputation for being spammy!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. woopwoop United States

woopwoop Well-Known Member

I still like the domain. I've a few. And have tried to buy a few nice ones for low xxxx but they always wanted more... maybe this'll bring the resell price down... maybe not..

4. Rob_F United Kingdom

Rob_F Well-Known Member

What a stupid move considering the current situation. Afilias are putting inflated registration numbers before, true, steady, healthy growth of the extension.

.info has the potential to be a superb extension but Afilias seem to be doing their best to try and kill it. Putting registration prices up inline with .com .org will pretty much solve the problem of .info being used in association with spamming etc.

- Rob

5. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

Afilias are concentrating their efforts and resources in punting the new .me extension, which if I'm honest, I believe has legs, unlike all these other new TLDs like .love and .whatever just discussed on a previous thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.