Domain Manage

freeview retune? North west

Discussion in 'General Board' started by tifosi, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tifosi United Kingdom

tifosi Well-Known Member

This is a quick qustion for those in the NW using the Winter Hill signal ie west lancs, liverpool, n wales, manchester.

I've just retuned my freeview and have lost all the muxD channels - itv4 & film4 included. Can I get a quick poll from other freeview viewers using the same signal to see if its my box or everyone.

Despite all the 'info' I can't get a clear answer out of anyone!

S

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. RSK3000 United Kingdom

RSK3000 Active Member

Now thats interesting.:???:

I live in south Bury and I think we use Winter Hill. My Freeview box won't work since the upgrade - the little light comes on for about 5 seconds and then goes off. We get More 4 and nothing else.

I was thinking of just getting a new one until I read this.

4. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

Some of the older cheaper freeview boxes apparently didn't have a wide enough modulation. Fecked if I know what they means, but its a way of cutting the costs.

The guy who told me use the analogy of 360 degree's, he said a Full Scale is 360 but we currently use 0-50 degree's, so cheap freevies use only a 90 degree scale, but as more and more channels are added the scale grows until its bigger than the cheaper one.

Others was only built to handle 50 channels say, now there is 101 inc radio channels which makes them malfunction.

There was a handful of reasons he gave me.

edit: The samsung, sony and panasonic tvs/dvd/harddrive/etc all worked ok. Not sure if its a brand thing.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.