Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

French property

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by Systreg, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

I've not asked for an appraisal for a long time, but wondered what people thought of this recent org.uk catch that has a decent number of local exact searches and pretty good advertiser competition:

French Property

I'm making a site on the domain, not done much yet apart from adding pages for the regions and departments of France to the menu, of which there will be a guide for each one, and a seperate directory for advertising property.

I'll add properties to the French property for sale directory to fill it out, then once there's properties on there and it's looking busier, it'll hopefully get private advertisers paying to post their properties, as well as contacting immobiliers and offering advertising to them etc.

I'll also add another directory for people to advertise their French holiday properties to rent.

There's a lot of work to be done and it'll take a lot of time, but I'm in no rush with this one, I'll give it 1-2 years before it's hopefully ranking nicely and making some consistent revenue. It's on a subject that interests me a lot, I think it'll be a half decent site when it's finished, though I'm no site designer :)

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. doma1n United Kingdom

doma1n Active Member

Good name if developed well,
    I'd say mid xxx undeveloped and maybe into the mid to high x,xxx developed, but could be higher if you get the right sort of revenue coming in.
    Kind regards
    Wish you well with the domain

4. JMOT

JMOT Active Member

Its a nice keyword. Keep it. Property market is in the toilet and the sites that are out there successfully built etc are full already of desperate sellers.

This is one of those to put up some spider fodder, bang in some links and leave it alone till the market recovers :cool:

5. brum

brum Active Member

its a nice name , i think like the others say keep it and build it out if you can get it to rank highly and get lots of traffic then advertisers should pay for banners .

good luck

6. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

Thanks for the positive sounding comments,

I'm not the quickest or best at making websites, so it wont look pretty on the eye, the WP design/colours will be staying pretty much as they are at the moment. Content will be key, rather than looks, and I'll be employing people to write site content.

I have some other property related names like french-houses.co.uk and frenchgite.co.uk and frenchbarn.co.uk that will also be developed and linked up with this site to cater for those more niche areas.

It's certainly a name I'll be keeping and developing slowly, the site will be a bit of a labour of love, rather than a quickly built site, hence the 1-2 year comment in my original post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.