Domain Manage

Funny : Earthquake

Discussion in 'General Board' started by retired_member6, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

I stayed at the girlfriends last night, was in her room this morning on the laptop before we went out, there's drilling downstairs, some work going on, room starts to shake, a lot, thought it was the drilling, told her "your rooms shaking a lot" she replied "really?" I was still, she was walking around, turns out it was an earthquake. A 5.1 on the Bulgarian / Romanian border. Second one this year, last one was on the carpathians, we were together then as well.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. retired_member16

retired_member16 Banned

Synopsis

"Lee was with his girlfriend in her bedroom and the earth was moving"

I have the same problem every time.

4. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

Oh, how you twist things, Firestars :lol:

So, your at your birds house, and you only go to her room in the morning? And then only to use the computer :lol:

5. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

bedroom, she was in the kitchen, strange how she didnt notice as it was quite a shake, if the drilling wasnt going on then I'd have known, guess we must be happy as didn't think twice and took the lift down after. the seaside is about two hours away, it's not far, the epicentre of the last was a similar distance but in the mountains, we was in a supermarket at the time and again, I though someone had just dropped a pallet full of goods and it shook the floor, strange mindset, first earthquake I experienced was the midlands one from the black country, that was like a heavy truck going past the house.

A 5.1 degrees on a Richter scale earthquake hits the Black Sea region / The tremor was felt in Bucharest - Top News - HotNews.ro

6. retired_member16

retired_member16 Banned

Nah, im going to leave it. Its too easy.

7. crabfoot United Kingdom

crabfoot Active Member

5.1 is noticable, but not too serious, unless it is right where you are ...

There have been a couple in UK almost as severe (last one I noticed, but the wife didn't, the one before I woke her up and told her to stop thumping the bed), but there was one in Italy about the same magnitude when we were on holiday (we were in a café, I said "is the table moving or am I inebriated", she said "no, it is moving").

There was a brief documentary bit on the last F1 GP about the hometown of Jarno Trulli, which was close to the centre - they are still piecing together the town, recovering from the mess, years after the event - Trulli has been raising funds.

There, but for the grace of our Lord, go I ...

8. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

I was on the ninth floor, very noticeable. I don't know why I thought the driling could have shook the floor, guess I thought it was pneumatic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.