Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Gambling Domain

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by AssetDomains, Dec 7, 2010.

?

IS A £5K Asking Price To Much

1. Yes way to much

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Seems a bit expensive

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Sounds about right

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Seems a little low

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AssetDomains

AssetDomains Well-Known Member

Hi I'm thinking of selling a neglected gambling site of mine in the new year unsure on how to go about valuing it.

Domain: newpokerbonuscodes.com
    Traffic approx 400 uniques per month
    on page one of google for its main term poker bonus codes

It earned just shy of £2000 last year as i haven't updated it much since starting Uni. Previous years were about double that figure.
    I know the general rule of thumb is 18months to 2 years earnings

The problem is any new buyer may not see any / meaningful income for 6-12 months as they would have to build up their own player base at there affiliate accounts.

I wouldn't be interested in letting it go for less than £5k does that sound reasonable, under-priced overpriced.

I'd really appreciate hearing your feedback on this so I've added a poll for those without the time to comment

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. orchardapple United Kingdom

orchardapple Active Member

reading your post it sounds like you'd be very reluctant to let the site go and long for the days of double the income again.

£5K sounds about right for me mindful of the returns you could expect, at this price i'd guess you'd get people willing to take a serious look at it

why not give it a little time and make a few tweaks might bring your interest back in the site

4. peter_w United Kingdom

peter_w Active Member

Seems over-priced by 2 or 3k if the players aren't included, which by the sounds of it they are not. As you say, you've somewhat neglected the site, and presumably the majority of that 2k profit you are currently earning comes from your existing players... with the income from new sign-ups significantly lower?

If the players are included, or the £2k per year only takes into account players who you've acquired in the last year, then I guess the £5k isn't far off.

EDIT: Your backlinks probably limit your chance of selling it at all IMO. Dunno if it's theme sponsorship gone wrong or what, but there's some ugly stuff you ain't gonna be able to get rid of.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  5. AssetDomains

AssetDomains Well-Known Member

Thanks orchardapple and peter for your views I appreciate the feedback I'll hang onto this one I think and redevelop when I get time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.