Domain Manage

G'day all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jeremy80, Jun 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeremy80

Jeremy80 Member

Hey dudes and dudettes!
    I'm Jeremy and would like to greet all of you fine people in here. I am a winter sports enthusiast and work for one of the best snow reports sites in Australia. Hope we'll have some fun together here.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Well-Known Member

Welcome, I have to say putting a link to your site in your 1st post is not good practice, it's seen as spam, if you're genuinely saying hello then maybe you could remove the link ;)

You can mention your site in the form of text eg, snowreport#co#uk

If you are genuine then hello 8)

4. Jeremy80

Jeremy80 Member

Hey doodlebug,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I didn't realize that leaving a link in your first post is not allowed. If this is the case, I will remove it immediately.
    I am planning to feel out the atmosphere, and then decide if I'm gonna camp out here. ;)

Cheers

5. doodlebug United Kingdom

Hi mate, thanks for responding, it's not that your not allowed but on your 1st post it would be viewed as spam, not you fault it's just we have a few people who simply join for a link.

Welcome and have a good read, there's plenty to read :cool:

6. Jeremy80

Jeremy80 Member

No problem mate. I did use the opportunity to promote the site in question, because I think people with similar interests as I have could check it out. I just wanted to make it easier for them to visit, but I sure don't want to be a spammer - so, if this would ruin my (still not existing :) ) reputation here, I will remove it. What do you say cap'n?

7. doodlebug United Kingdom

I would say now that you have responded several times as oppose to just posting the link and dissapearing, I would say it's clearer that your not just spamming.

You could leave it, people will read your other post and realise your not just spamming.

Also I am not a mod so upto you anyway ?

Enjoy the forum :cool:

8. Jeremy80

Jeremy80 Member

Thanks dude, I appreciate your opinion as a senior member of this forum. Hopefully, we'll run into each other somewhere here again. :)

Best of luck!

9. mally United Kingdom

mally Well-Known Member

what are your aims with joining this domain name forum?

10. Jeremy80

Jeremy80 Member

My friend and I are to become freelance web designers. Well, actually he is doing most of the work, and I'm an overseer and artistic manager (it sounds great when I read it out loud). We are looking for all relevant information we could use, and this looks like a good place to look.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.