Domain Manage

GetItRight.co.uk

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by Smart, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smart

Smart New Member

I bought this domain several years ago for £250 a company I was going to set up, but it didn't materialise, so now thinking of selling it, but wanted to get an idea if it is actually worth anything first?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

getitright

doesn't look to bad in lower-case (it matters) and probably better than your Capitalisation (in this instance)

Gut-feel is your £250 is pretty safe. The best you could hope for is to double your money. It won't get any further than that

4. Smart

Smart New Member

Thanks for the feedback. Do you have any tips on the best and easiest place to sell the domain?

5. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

Anything over two words is a hard sale (and that goes for .com)

If it was mine I would just hold on/renew it. At £250/500 of value it shouldn't be something you'd slave over. If it is ? (As a one-off, and I hope I'm not being rude) don't deal with domains.

You liked it - and it does work (why not just stick 5-10 years on the reg and forget it) you have to do that with 100's/1000's domains to think about being even an half-awake seller these days

6. Smart

Smart New Member

I'm not a domain seller and I don't want to become one, I just happen to own this domain because I bought it for a business I was running. That business is no longer running, so I don't need the domain name any more. If it has a value of £250-£500 then it's worth selling rather than just letting it expire, but that's only going to be worthwhile if it's easy to sell. Otherwise I'll just get rid of it.

7. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

I understand, your not a domainer but, you are posting on a domainers board -So, then just get rid off it. you should be able to find a cancellation button on your admin control.

8. stellar73 United Kingdom

stellar73 Active Member

The org.uk and me.uk versions are taken so first off I would approach the owners of those and see if they're interested.

Also, as it appears to be gone in a load of other extensions (ie org, net, biz etc) I would check if any of those registrants are UK based and approach them too.

Failing that if you can afford the renewal fee for a few years stick it on Sedo with a BIN of whatever you're looking for and see what happens....If it cost £250 I personally wouldn't cancel it for the sake of a few quid a year

9. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

Well-done stellar73,

I'd decided I'd wouldn't even help Mr Smart out of the road - If he'd been run-over

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.