Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Getting domains on home page of DomainLore?

Maybe it's me being daft... but how do you get "hiden gem" domains on to the home page even without a bid, like privatehospital.uk currently is?

It's because it was accepted as a spotlight auction so it gets to the front page.

As a trusted seller, all your submissions automatically qualify for 'Hidden Gems' section. If you are submitting a domain which you hope should qualify for the Spotlight section, please prepend ! without spaces in front of the required domain name and it will be queued for the approval.

Yep, you have to prepend any domains you add with a ! and then Denys reviews and considers whether they are worthy for immediate spotlight or not. Nothing to do with being a trusted seller.

Although it's nice to have one of your domains in the spotlight section, usually if it's a good one it will make it's way there anyway. Many "hidden gems" auctions end up doing really well in any case.

Although it's nice to have one of your domains in the spotlight section, usually if it's a good one it will make it's way there anyway. Many "hidden gems" auctions end up doing really well in any case.
This is true, but spotlight gives you 7 days compared to 5 days with gem, plus that additional time on the homepage may help with initial awareness, plus you don't have to put £5 in the pot initially, so it has its advantages.

This is true, but spotlight gives you 7 days compared to 5 days with gem, plus that additional time on the homepage may help with initial awareness, plus you don't have to put £5 in the pot initially, so it has its advantages.

Of course, I do agree with this, the extra time and instant front page coverage are definitely a great advantage. I was just trying to highlight that an auction ending up in the gems section isn't always a bad second option.

It frustrates me that it's Denys' perogative what is and isn't considered "spotlight", but I guess he can do what the hell he wants. He might as well have that as another upgrade for domains he deems only fit for "hidden gem", what's he got to lose.

It's not really any different to a domain having to be approved for a Sedo auction, someone has to run some quality control. If it was made available to trusted sellers to have automatic rights or made available as an upgrade to be able to post in the spotlight section then eventually that quality would drop significantly IMO.

I quite like the system as it is

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom