Domain Manage

godaddy sold me 2 domains and after 1 month they said those r already registered

Discussion in 'Domain Name Disputes' started by tamoba, Jul 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tamoba

tamoba New Member

I bought 2 domains from godaddy and after 1 month they emailed me that these domains are already registered with someone?

Is this normal or legal what godaddy have done with me? if not what I should I do?

They said they can credit my money but I am not agree on that because I want justification on it that how their system accepted and registered for me these 2 domains and accepted credit card payments and generated the receipt. and after one month they realized that these domains were already registered with some other people.

Please suggest... what should I do

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. horde

horde Member

Do a charge back and find the other company.

4. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

123-Reg did this to me around 17 times in the last 6 weeks.

2 of these domains I lost which was i69.co.uk and kacy.co.uk, both are STILL sat in my Control Panel on 123-reg however I own neither of them.

I am not impressed, and am in the process of reading thru the Registrars Agreement Contract and Good Practive Guidelines to a lesser extent.

They have thus far admitted their system is faulty and will be upgraded (as per my outline and suggestions) in the next version of their profile.

I am wanting a good will gesture, even if its a stupid adwords voucher or 2 that they give away willy nilly, especially since the i69 is for sale for 100 times what I already paid.

My advice is do a Whois on every domain you buy right after you buy.

Never had a problem with GoDaddy, but then never had a problem with anyone else, before 123-reg.

5. horde

horde Member

Are you the owner of this company?

6. WaftyCrank United Kingdom

WaftyCrank Active Member

I own kasy.co.uk if that's any good to you?

7. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I don't think so, I'll message the girl and see if she's not too adverse to changing the C to an S :)

Whats annoying is the person who has it now, has 401'd it to another domain, so they aint even using it :(

The owner of what company ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.