Domain Manage

good exacts :-is it worth regging a less popular extension if all others are parked ?

Discussion in 'New Domainers' started by justwondering, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justwondering United Kingdom

justwondering Active Member

Okay , i'm looking for a names with good exacts each month...

all of them are taken accept 1 , but its one of the less popular extension maybe even one of the less popular expensive extension

i check all the other extensions and they are all parked , just a one park landing park std stuff , no content other than the landing page.

If i bought , delveloped the last remaining extension , would mine rise to the top ? due to my site having relevant content ?

it seems when i check many domain names with good exacts , most of them go to a landing page.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. woopwoop United States

woopwoop Well-Known Member

I would stay away from the less popular extensions.
    For me, I stick to .com/.co.uk (occasionally .info and very occasionally .org.uk/.net).

Although I buy product/keyword names, I have too many and value is hard to put a number to sometimes - especially when there is no site attached and no income....

Be careful otherwise you will end up with a huge portfolio of .me.uk's without a buyer in sight. There are lots of keyword.me.uk's with huge keyword search scores, but buying them up may not be a good move (depending on who you talk to).

4. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Well-Known Member

Similar story here, I always get .com and .co.uk, a handful of .org.uks and a few .me.uk all which can rank in UK search engines.

Don't go for dodgy extensions :|

5. justwondering United Kingdom

Thank you for your advice :)

6. JMOT

JMOT Well-Known Member

you are missing the blindingly obvious ...

contact the owners of the better extensions and see if you can buy...

you have nothing to lose!
    :cool:

7. justwondering United Kingdom

Good idea :) , i've never tried to contact a owner before i shall give that a go :) if nothing else its got to be worth it for a laugh for some of the crazy prices some people will assume the name is worth , but there again , theres going to be people who perhaps no longer want the name...etc :) i'll give it a go , i'll type up a standard template letter and fire it off to a few of them :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.