Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Google is updating PR right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of mine went from PR2 to PR1 all I did was reduce the amount of Google ads on it, added better content and changed the theme to a friendlier one!

Ah well

PR has pretty much nothing to do with what you do on-site.

Oh right, what usually effects it?

Links, predominantly external, but you can direct PR to pages through internal links as well.

That's interesting, I better check what links I have added? I know they are all to relevant content sites but who knows?

Thanks for that.

It's more likely that you've lost links to the site or the existing links you had decreased in value.

It's links to your site, not from your site.

PR is pretty stupid to be honest. I don't really monitor it any more or use it for evaluating link quality.

You can get a PR4 just by getting one link from another PR4 (or above) page. Yet if you get 20 nice, relevant, PR3 links you probably won't get any more than PR3 your self.

Thanks for that, I had duplicated some internal links on front page so thought it might have been that.

give up and buy clicks... its the future u know ;)

Does anyone else think this is an update from a few days ago that's just getting rolled out now? My most recent pages on sites (from around 30th April onwards) don't appear to have gained any PR, but ones a bit further down the page (27th April and older) have?

Unless it's rolled out by date and I'm being impatient? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom