Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Google Keyword tool volume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What is a good volume of monthly searched on google keywords?

I know is about quality as well....but I have a phrase (and matching domain) that comes up as over 40,000 exact searches a month, with some related ones at 1-5,000 on exact searches.

Cheers

Matt

come on you can tell us,we won't tell honestly,we can't really tell you until we see the domain but at least you are checking the domain with keywords and not by google search engine...

mark

Honest I will tell all in a couple of days - just busy swapping over from one host to another, and want them secure in one place by then.

I am developing an idea as the day has gone by - all the domains are closely related, on the same subject, so wondering if setting up a mini-site, purely to sell the domains is a good idea...? I know the industry, I know all the trade bodies, some big players etc I am coming at this understanding more about that, than about buying/selling domains. I have another dozen I am pondering purchasing as well. I reckon one mini site with a load of SEO effort may get some real interest going. Not had any joy with SEDO - it just keeps claiming it cannot verify ownership of some of the site, and had not one visitor or click in 4 months, so giving up on them.

It is an industry that has been slow, but is due to take off, recession or not (thanks Mr Darling).

meh, I am teasing you am I not?

Matt

hi Matt,
40,000 exact is a very high amount generally but realy depends on the price per click. IE. for free weather report related phrase its not huge but for money related phrase it is huge.

Scrub that - found it...

£1.00-£1.19 is that good?

And another question - the 40,000 exact at £1.06 seems good to me, except there is a lot of competition. The 1,600 with £1.46 and almost no competition seems good...? As a general rule, less competition, higher price and searches = good....?

The 1,600 with £1.46 and almost no competition seems good...? As a general rule, less competition, higher price and searches = good....?

I think high competition is what you're looking for. If I'm reading it correctly, high competition suggests that a lot of advertisers are bidding on your keywork or phrase. Low competition suggests that there may be no ads surrounding the google search results when you search the phrase.

Like I've been talking about in the other thread on Gs keyword tool, there are some very strange results that don't always seem to make sense coming from this tool.

thanks woopwoop - thats what I was trying to get my head round.

nnh- explain more, why does it not matter?

Not sure if you checked the other thread that I started (but it's similar to this one). NNH also linked to it earlier in this thread and helped me with it a bit.

Here's the link

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts