Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Got my first sales call hang up today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got another hang-up when I mentioned what some people have valued the name at. He did not even listen to what I said...

Damn some people....do people even have ears?

Quality names are finite, they are probably the same people who would not listen ten years ago... it's their loss, move on.

Incidentally, if anyone wanted to do sales based on a commission then I am happy to consider that. I consider letting the seller keep 30% of the sale price and I would be happy to discuss what they would consider selling [based on contacts and experience]. If you would like to consider this then please get in contact.

Incidentally, if anyone wanted to do sales based on a commission then I am happy to consider that. I consider letting the seller keep 30% of the sale price and I would be happy to discuss what they would consider selling [based on contacts and experience]. If you would like to consider this then please get in contact.

Some peple will never recognise the potential value of domain names, as it's an area that they've given no thought to whatsoever. That combined with the number of calls typical businesses/individuals get trying to get them to buy something they don't need or want... well I think people just think "oh, it's another one of those", so don't really listen to what you're saying - even though you're offering something that can genuinely help their business. It's an inevitability.

Still, it's good to see that you're being so proactive. Maybe tell us of a few of the positive experiences you've had when calling businesses :).

Just a quick tip that's sometimes worked for me in the past when cold calling which may apply to your situation.

Always good to do some research on that particular companies existing advertising spread and spend, see what they're spending and where. Make a note of the competition, especially if they've got catchy domain names and fancy websites - this may come in handy later.

Use this information on your sales pitch, point out how much a local newspaper advert costs, or radio advertising for just one month and that a domain lasts forever with further reach - you're saving him/her money etc. Aim for the person who pays the bills. Money talks ;)

On the flipside to this, I've clients paying to be 'number one' in google when they're not at all, it's just a sponsored ad and a directory listing at that, not even their own domain name - they just haven't a clue, bless em'

Sometimes useful to explain what a domain name is and the benefits it brings before even mentioning what you're selling, ask them if they know about domain names - helps set a level for the conversation ahead.

One trick is to pretend to be doing research on matching company names with domain names perhaps, then call again next week armed and ready to get that sale once you've done some detective work. :)

Best of luck with it all, I'm sure you'll do well.

P

Managed a sale this morning for £200.00 which was good, did the negotiation by phone. It was not a cold call, but the simplicity of the phone makes it easier to judge the buyers true interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom