Domain Manage

Hacked and blacklisted. Is my domain doomed?

Discussion in 'New Domainers' started by popupbloke, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. popupbloke

popupbloke Active Member

Hi all,
    I made a Wordpress site about a year ago which was promptly attacked by a hack and banned by G because it was giving other people viruses. It was a bit disheartening.:mad:

Unfortunately I had to abandon the site like that due to work pressures, but now I’m ready to start looking at sorting the whole thing out.

I’m wondering if the site will, when fixed and behaving, be permanently ranked down or blacklisted by any part of the web because of it’s bad history.
    Thanks for any advice or opinions.
    Dave. Popupbloke.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. Blossom

Blossom Well-Known Member

It will be fine, just make sure you clean everything up properly and then submit a reinclusion request to Google.

Would also recommend using CodeGuard and installing various security plugins :)

4. sdsinc Iceland

sdsinc Active Member

5. popupbloke

popupbloke Active Member

Thanks for the advice y'all, i'll look through the wp pluging sugested and stick to the ones with the best track record.
    Cheers. Dave. Popupbloke.

6. dazc United Kingdom

dazc Active Member

Probably because you are limited what you can do other than a re-inclusion request with google.t The domain is likely to be blacklisted elswhere and have bad publicity in places where you don't have any simple form of redress.

7. carl77

carl77 Guest

YES it is DOOMED !
    Move onto something else. Google are getting really hot on this and especially Wordpress sites they dont care if its your fault or not.
    Google are closing thousands of wordpress sites a day, even from very experienced web developers. Without a clean domain you stand NO CHANCE and forget trying to clean it up

8. martin-s United Kingdom

martin-s Well-Known Member

I don't agree.

You can recover from being hacked if you correct everything necessary (and respond quickly).

9. Aegean

Aegean Active Member

Just clean it up and submit the re-inclusion request as Blossom suggested, along with an explanation of what occurred. It shouldn't be an issue to get your ban lifted if the site has been completely rectified. I'd explain the delay to them too, they'll almost certainly wonder about that.

10. WaftyCrank United Kingdom

WaftyCrank Active Member

I recovered from the same thing. Ended up switching to Joomla. I prefer the ease of the wordpress CMS but once bitten twice shy with me.
    Google didn't blacklist my site but they put the large markers of "THIS SITE MAY HARM YOUR COMPUTER" next to my links.

Once it was sorted I asked for it to be rechecked, they did it in 24hrs and bosh all fine since.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.