Domain Manage

Handling a TM...

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by Ashton, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashton United Kingdom

Ashton Well-Known Member

I have a TM that I forgot I registered ages and ages ago, infact I don't know if I even thought it was a TM at the time!

Anyway, its not being used, and is sitting there. Should I contact the TM holder and ask if they want it for a small sum or just offer it straight up to them ?

Cheers, Ash

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. alex

alex Active Member

Hey Ash, honest opinion and advice I've heard on here before is to cancel the domain. Asking them for cash is a bad idea and offering it to them may work, but they could still sue you if they wanted. To save all hassle I'd drop the name and emailing them advising its availability to prevent anyone else registering it.

4. Rob_F United Kingdom

Rob_F Well-Known Member

I'd just delete all the name servers and let it drop when it comes up for renewal. Contacting the TM holder could open up a can of worms.

- Rob

5. jasman United Kingdom

jasman Active Member

I'd cancel it to eradicate the threat. I wouldn't contact them at all. If you do, you would be giving them evidence that you heard of them as well as having registered a name they could lay claim to. If someone else comes along after you delete it and registers it that's their business and the TM owner's problem.

6. Ashton United Kingdom

Ashton Well-Known Member

Cheers, its gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.