Domain Manage

Handling a TM...

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by Ashton, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashton United Kingdom

    Ashton Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 2010
    Posts:
    1,621
    Likes Received:
    29
    I have a TM that I forgot I registered ages and ages ago, infact I don't know if I even thought it was a TM at the time!

    Anyway, its not being used, and is sitting there. Should I contact the TM holder and ask if they want it for a small sum or just offer it straight up to them ?

    Cheers, Ash
     
  2. Domain Forum

    Acorn Domains Elite Member

    Joined:
    1999
    Messages:
    Many
    Likes Received:
    Lots
     
  3. alex

    alex Active Member

    Joined:
    Sep 2007
    Posts:
    769
    Likes Received:
    21
    Hey Ash, honest opinion and advice I've heard on here before is to cancel the domain. Asking them for cash is a bad idea and offering it to them may work, but they could still sue you if they wanted. To save all hassle I'd drop the name and emailing them advising its availability to prevent anyone else registering it.
     
  4. Rob_F United Kingdom

    Rob_F Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    1,484
    Likes Received:
    24
    I'd just delete all the name servers and let it drop when it comes up for renewal. Contacting the TM holder could open up a can of worms.

    - Rob
     
  5. jasman United Kingdom

    jasman Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    725
    Likes Received:
    17
    I'd cancel it to eradicate the threat. I wouldn't contact them at all. If you do, you would be giving them evidence that you heard of them as well as having registered a name they could lay claim to. If someone else comes along after you delete it and registers it that's their business and the TM owner's problem.
     
  6. Ashton United Kingdom

    Ashton Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 2010
    Posts:
    1,621
    Likes Received:
    29
    Cheers, its gone.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page