Domain Manage

Has anyone ever developed an App?

Discussion in 'New Domainers' started by Nova, Jul 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nova United Kingdom

Nova Active Member

Did you pay a company to do so? any recommendation?

Did you use a free app development program? and if so which would you recommend?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. Dextron United Kingdom

Dextron Active Member

ShoutEm.com are pretty good for simple apps

4. stevebrowne

stevebrowne Active Member

I built "Telly Tracker" for iOS. Hooks into third party web services, and an Azure hosted DB and WCF service that I wrote. A few other components running on my local network to handle remote notifications etc.

A few other apps in the pipeline, both in Xamarin 2.0 (C# for iOS) and Objective C, one at least targeting iOS7

Haven't tried any of these app building types things that claim to make things easier, but part of that is because I like coding :)

Happy to take on commissions....

5. RobM

RobM Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

I developed a business directory for Malta in iOS but a children's game - match the pair - in flash! Flash is easy to export if you want to write a quick app. However it can slow down quite nastily the more things that are happening in your program. Anyway if you know flash you can start writing simple apps to export.

6. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

I knocked up some quick domainer tools in app form(personal use), its basically just a browser frame with a php webapp on the back, never got to making it a full blown app as it does nothing without a net connection.

7. SecNam

SecNam Moderator Staff Member

I have a great idea for an app but dont know where the best place to look also. If anyone can reccomend a few places/people that would be great.

8. Nova United Kingdom

Nova Active Member

My predicament is that I can't code (I do want to learn at some point) and I don't have spare cash so I can't afford to hire an app builder. Shotem.com looks good and the monthly costs aren't bad but it looks like you an only pay annually? All the other program's also either cost a monthly fee, a submission fee (to apple) or they get to show ads on your site. I'm surprised no one has come up with a free program like Joomla or Wordpress for designing apps.

9. Nova United Kingdom

Nova Active Member

Thanks for the flash suggestion Rob I will look into that as well.

10. Dextron United Kingdom

Dextron Active Member

You can pay ShoutEm monthly they just seem to make it harder to find - click the monthly button at the top right (below 'contact us') and the options change - it starts from $22.90/MO

11. Nova United Kingdom

Nova Active Member

Sweet. Ill give it a go cheers :)

12. ImageAuthors United States

ImageAuthors Active Member

There's a company out there called BiznessApps whose sales pitch is that they give non-programmers tools to create Apps for clients, in return for which you pay them a monthly subscription. Presumably, the monthly rate can be covered by selling Apps.

I've never tried their service. But they contacted me a few months ago in connection with AppDevelopers.net (which I own). And ever since then, I notice them everywhere. Since I haven't ever looked into their service seriously, I can't recommend them. But if they can deliver what they say they offer, then you may be able to create Apps through them. Take this with a grain of salt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.