Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Hd-dvd Rip!

Discussion in 'General Board' started by tifosi, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aquanuke

aquanuke Well-Known Member

Sure yep blue-ray would be long dead in 10 years and so will the ps3 :-D

Think I meant something like you can download any PS3 game I believe but of course you can still buy them in tescos etc.

Of course the PS3 also supports most codecs so you can just d/l hd films off torrent sites whack em on a usb key and play them through your ps3 already.

Major benefit at the moment is probs getting game updates, extra maps, levels etc.

But yep media and packaging is a waste and expensive.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. scooter United Kingdom

scooter Well-Known Member

Singapore is rolling out a nationwide 100mbs connection to the masses.

I think that means you can d/load a full movie in about 120 seconds or so. Nice!

4. woopwoop United States

woopwoop Well-Known Member

That is crazy. 100mbs and most of the UK is lucky if they can get BT to upgrade them to 2meg let alone the 8 that they advertise.

With the video download stuff, you wouldn't need to download the entire thing before you start watching either, the services would just download the first 2 minutes and then would buffer the rest as you're watching - you wouldn't notice a thing, unless you lost your connection (hmm :()

5. SF

SF Well-Known Member

Hi Chris

Yes this is a comman fault which has been reported, just reboot your router so it assigns a new ip and it should let you back on.

:)

6. GreyWing

GreyWing Well-Known Member

Just a a quick note, thanks to Chris for catching a domain for me last week that is in this field.

A cracking system and good price.

7. aquanuke

aquanuke Well-Known Member

Cheers Greywing.

Thanks Sean along the right lines, was my firewall. No idea why it worked before as never opened any ports before... but back in action :-D

8. SF

SF Well-Known Member

Coool - chris we all had these bloody problems a few weeks back it was even worse until they released an update about 10 days ago top fix server issues.

I did some research on the net with the error code 33 which is what we were getting and it says that some internet service providers had banned a load of Ips by accident from getting online with ps3.

The update anyway should of sorted it last week, but glad your back online ready for some battles! :)

Greywing - caught is the best service around so yes you will catch what names you want!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.