Domain Manage

Hello from Fabulous.com

Discussion in 'Fabulous' started by fabulous, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fabulous

fabulous Member

Hi All,

I'm the sales and marketing manager for Fabulous.com. Just a quick post to let you know that we'll be checking in to AcornDomains on a regular basis and hope to become part of this community. Please feel free to post, PM or email me with any questions that you may have about the Fabulous.com monetization program.

Cheers!

Andrew
    a.wright@fabulous.com

Last edited: Mar 28, 2006
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. bb99 United Kingdom

bb99 Well-Known Member

Hi

Welcome to the forum. It would be useful if you could tell us more about the Fabulous programme...

This forum's main audience is .uk domain holders (but not exclusively and of course many .uk domain owners also have .com domains etc) - I must confess that I've heard rumour that Fabulous is great, but that it isn't so good with .uk domain names, perhaps you could set the record straight on this?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2006
  4. aqls

aqls Well-Known Member

Welcome!

-aqls-

5. housemusicdj

housemusicdj Active Member

BB99 took the words right out of my mouth...

Welcome

6. bobby sands

bobby sands Active Member

7. fabulous

fabulous Member

Thanks for the feedback. Okay here we go...

The difference between Fabulous.com and most other monetization customers is that we are a major portfolio owner in our own right. We “get” the business and we’re motivated to get things right for our domains which also benefits our third party domain owners.

With some 500,000 .com domains in our own portfolio and a further 400-500,000 third party domains using our system we have been able to negotiate a generous revenue share with our upstream partner which in turn we pass on to our domain customers.

We use the same upstream partner as NameDrive and Sedo. Our feed is geo-targeted so UK relevant ads will be served to UK based browsers. Ads are based on keywords contained in the domain phrase, but you can also tweak results by using keywords, specifying the "associated offers" links (subject to the usual keyword approval) and choosing between one or two click implementations. You can choose between plain pages or pages with graphic headers - we currently have 176 different graphic headers and aim to have over 200 by the end of next month.

We use our own feed (from ROAR.com) for adult and gambling - this is not geo targeted. Our gambling bids are the highest in the industry with the average click revenue to domainers being over $6.

We are also a registrar and we offer domain registration/renewal/transfers at a flat fee of US$6.75 for .com's, and .org’s and US$4.75 for .net's.

We are selective about the domains we accept into the premium program. We are looking for domains that are based around English language two to three keyword phrases with a search count. The keyword phrases must be commercial (ie have advertisers on the phrase). The domain extensions we accept are .com, .org, .net, .co.uk .us and .ca. We are unable to monetize any domains that may infringe on the trademark or intellectual property of a third party or that may be illegal in nature.

We usually require a minimum of 50 domains but we are happy to review quality portfolios of any size.

Sorry If I wrote a book, but there’s quite a lot of information to get over. More information, including payment cycles etc can be found at http://fabulous.com/informationcenter/

Feel free to get in contact with me directly at a.wright@fabulous.com

Cheers

Andrew

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
  8. Canuck

Canuck Member

Fabulous

I use fabulous.com PPC service for a good portion of my domain portfolio and have nothing but good things to say about them. I've found their support outstanding and have met Andrew and many other FAB staff members at a few of the domain shows and have found them more than willing to listen to any concerns I have, and solve problems quickly. More importantly, they often pick up the bar tab at the end of the night. :D

Like all PPC companies, Fabulous can't make more money for every name you have. But, I can say, that they make me thousands of dollars more a month by having a good part of my portfolio there.

Canuck (Shaun)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
  9. bb99 United Kingdom

bb99 Well-Known Member

Andrew

Thanks for your comments - very interesting...

I may be in touch with a few .co.uk domains to try out!

10. retired_member9

retired_member9 Retired Member

Do you have a personal revenue share with them? ;)

Like Sedo gives +2% out of nowhere, I guess having personal touch with people might improve someone's odds.. ;)

Well, I have fabulous account for selected domains and neither can complain.

11. faisj

faisj Member

Hi Andrew,

Well nice to see you here.
    Give my regards to Mike. :)

- Faisj

12. retired_member26

retired_member26 Banned

13. marketstrat

marketstrat New Member

welcome to this forum .............

Thread Status: