Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Hello from VikingRaider

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by vikingraider, May 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vikingraider Denmark

vikingraider Member

Hello all,

I originally registered for this site back in 2007, but completely failed to utilise the knowledge of all you guys, as my life moved in another direction for a few years.

Anyway, I work in IT, have major interest in history, IT and finance and have also written a couple of books on finance, which is where my major interest in domains lies - I have a feeling we are going to see major changes in how business is transacted and what money we use in the coming years. For example, maybe Bitcoin isn't the bubble most press wants you to believe it is? Or at least, alternatives similar to Bitcoin are very feasible.

Just listed my first domain name here and on domainlore - councilhouse.org.uk. Not really a core holding and am interested in learning what all you well-learned fellows have to say on here on all parts of owning those precious online properties :p

The name comes from the fact I spend a lot of my time in Denmark right now. :)

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. Sam

Sam Super Moderator Staff Member

4. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

Indeed welcome.

Agree monetary transaction types is one to watch. Can't see anything that takes it out of the current banking systems hands or control being anything but a tolerated bit-player though. So not really a 'domain development' area to my mind.

5. vikingraider Denmark

vikingraider Member

Thanks for the replies guys

I agree this is not the area with highest awareness or search terms right now, but change can come very quickly, whether the establishment wants it or not - especially when real crises hit. Also, this is a real area of interest for me, so it helps with me providing my own content :)

Am really enjoying reading the posts on here - wish I had not let things slip back in 07-08, but there only seem to be so many hours in a day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.