Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

help on putting a value on a domain name we would like to buy

Discussion in 'New Domainers' started by justwondering, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justwondering United Kingdom

justwondering Active Member

Okay , i'm trying to buy a domain name on sedo , i will try to go via other avenues , but no available email address but the buyers full name and address available......

buying for a friends website , based in the u.k.

The domain is a .org.uk it has 16 characters , no hyphens , the name says what he does and the wording makes sense.

using google adtools it has 18,100 exacts a month at a average of 1.08 a click.

the site would be used to promote his services (not used for google adwords) , the min bid on sedo is 200 euro.

is the domain name worth the 200euro , i know thats the min bid so it would / could go higher.

i hope i've offered enough info to help people put a value on the domain names worth.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. fish United Kingdom

fish Well-Known Member

how much is it worth to your friend?
    - is it a must that he has the domain? if so what is his maximum budget (£)
    once you know how much you have to play with you can then negotiate with the seller

Statistics do have a bearing to a degree but if the domain does what is says and is ideal for your mates website then it's a no brainer to buy it (depending on his budget)

4. justwondering United Kingdom

justwondering Active Member

Yes theres a few other free to reg domain names , but the exacts are less , but .co.uk with 1900 exacts.

i was wondering more baseds on the stats rather than the desire to buy , do the figurers sugguest its worth the money?

5. onb United Kingdom

onb Active Member

It sounds like a reasonable price to me.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.