Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

help please:- www.resolve issue my site is failing the check at woorank.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
help please:- www.resolve issue my site is failing the check at woorank.com

i generally use woorank.com to give my site a quick check over.

my site :- www.show-plates.com , running the latest version of wordpress

Right up until today my site has always passed the

www resolve , stating well done your site is resolving correctly

but now my site does not pass the check the message shown is :-

Be careful! Your website without www doesn't redirect to www (or the opposite). It's duplicate content!

I have checked google webmaster tools and i have not changed anything there , i have had it setup from day one that the non www. resolves to the www. and the www. is set to resolve to the www.

help please the site is pretty much just starting to get a good ranking and dont want to go down the rankings because of so called duplicate content .....

p.s , could it be one of my plugins that is causing this issue ??

i recently installed :- W3 Total Cache by W3 EDGE

It seems from the 2 issues you have that your .htaccess file is being edited by different plugins. Not sure how to fix it apart from disabling some plugins

It's the cache plugin you mentioned which is causing it.

cool , thank you for the replies , any idea how to fix it in the cache plug in , is it just a tick box ?

please let me know

the cache plugin , is speeding the site up quite a lot , but i dont want duplicate content at the end of the day.

i disabled the cache plugin and it still says the same issue

with regards to the www. resolve :( not happy ,i've never had a issue with this before !!

aaaaaaaaaaah i have found the plugin that was causing the issue , its the Yoast seo plugin , i deactivated it and then the error went away.....but it leaves me with another issue , that been that my permlinks for my show-plates-news now puts the caterogy word back in front of things , yoast seo had a option to force the removal of the word catorgey

!!! ive been in settings and permalinks and changed it there but still no difference.

okay all working again :) happy now.......i think it was yoast and the cache plugin , i got it all working , then put the cache program back on and the issue came back.

but at the moment it works fine but no cache program can anyone recommend a good one please?

W3 Total Cache by W3 EDGE really made a big speed difference :( shame it caused such a big issue with the resolve of the www. and non www.

OOOOOOOOOOOOH no , different issue , my site looked to be working fine , but when i goto show-plates news and click on any of the posts , they do not open !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what is wrong with my site today !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom