Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Hi Domainers!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jameslawrence, Feb 7, 2016.

1. jameslawrence

jameslawrence Member

Hi Acorn Domainers, I'm James and I live in London.

I've been registered with Namepros for a while trading various domains. I'm keen on .tv domains with some good one words such as balloons.tv, pokerchannel.tv and DanceMusic.tv.

Since I'm from the UK, I thought it only necessary to join Acorn Domains. Namepros is mostly American so they don't see the business value of .co.uk as I or others do.

A little late to the party perhaps to wish you all a happy new year, but I hope 2016 is the year for you!

All the best.

James:)

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. Sam

Sam Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome James

4. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

Welcome James

Had much success selling them?

5. jameslawrence

jameslawrence Member

I've sold a few privately. Right now its about short LL and LLL keywords. I've noticed that a hell of a lot of American football league teams are being bought outright too. The easiest to find end users for are media related words which fit the extension. I'm holding out on DanceMusic contacting end users.

Do you have any?

6. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

Welcome James.

I'll give you the same advice I give all newbies, although it maybe preaching to the choir and hopefully easier to get behind as you're from the UK.

What works in .com/.TLD often doesn't work in *.UK, and the juice is mostly in .co.uk>>.uk>>.org.uk in that order. Take your time to see what is selling before diving in. Lots... and I mean lots of .uk/.co.uk domains which would be sold in seconds in .com are worth nothing and would never sell so take your time :)

7. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

Nope no I'm quite ignorant to extensions other than .uk (whether I am to .uk too is debatable :p)

8. jameslawrence

jameslawrence Member

Thanks for your advice Skinner! I've had a brief look at the DomainLore UK auctions but i'm yet to be registered officially with them. Having trouble with sign up as my email went wrong and phone number is registered to it. So far I've little success talking to the admins.

9. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Welcome James.

10. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

If you haven't heard back in a day or two, use the contact form on the site again. Denys will get back to you :)

11. GOBS United Kingdom

GOBS Member

welcome James
    same here, from Namepros :)