Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Hi everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by acrleyton, Apr 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acrleyton

acrleyton Member

Hi everyone!
    I've been lurking here for a while and have actually now bought a few domains from members. This is a great forum and I plan on sticking around so thought I'd better introduce myself properly.

I'm a full time affiliate marketer/SEO/developer/business owner and have mostly been running two wedding related websites since I started working for myself in 2007. I own about 75 domains, most of which are for brand/niche protection, but am now buying a few domains/sites as mini-projects, hopefully turning into a new revenue stream for me.

It looks like the tradition here is to list your best and worst domains so here goes!

Best - Probably compareweddinginsurance.org.uk purely because of where the site ranks. Comically I also have divorceinsurance.org.uk! Since setting the wedding insurance site up, I've bought what I think are a few better related domains but am too scared to change the site URL in case I lose rank!

Worst - I think this has to be duchyofcambridge (.com, .co.uk, .org and .org.uk). I hand registered them when it looked like Prince William and Kate Middleton would take the titles of Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. After some later research, it looks like there's possibly no such thing as the Duchy of Cambridge though! Lesson learned - don't let the panic of registering what you think is a good domain get in the way of proper research!

Adam

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. chrisduggan United Kingdom

chrisduggan Active Member

Hi Adam welcome to the forums.

4. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member

Indeed - welcome Adam!

5. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums. If you are buying new domains, my advice would be to not buy too many before you have developed some of them, but it sounds as if you are proceeding at a sensible rate.

Rgds

6. acrleyton

acrleyton Member

Thanks for the welcomes everyone and thanks for the advice accelerator. :)

Yes, I can see that it's tempting to buy lots of interesting domains with the best intentions of developing/selling them at some point in the future. I'm trying hard to keep the number I purchase under control!

7. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for taking the time to do a proper intro Adam, welcome to AD!

Admin

8. acrleyton

acrleyton Member

Thanks for the welcome! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.