Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Hi From Australia.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by big fat belly, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. big fat belly

big fat belly Member

Hi all, from sunny warm OZ. I want to get into the .UK market, so can you help me find a good reg. with quick good support, and can you get refunds, if you decide you do not want that BAD name you reg, after having a few beers to many thx, Big Fat Belly.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. retired_member16

retired_member16 Banned

Welcome.

Im not aware of any registrar that will provide a refund, at least, not more that once anyhow.

4. rob

rob Founding Member

welcome to the forum - where abouts in auz are you from?

Cheers,
    Rob.

5. uglygit

uglygit Active Member

Hi BFG,

Welcome aboard, I can't give you a good reg providor but I can give one to avoid - 1and1 - they take forever to do dns changes, they don't honor their offers, they monetize on your newly created domains, list goes on.

Oh do you have any good/bad names for us?

6. big fat belly

big fat belly Member

Thx for the warm welcome, my nearest city, is Melbourne, for you Rob. uglygit thx for the warning, I see that firestars said, that you canot get refunds. Most of th US reg allow you to. Thats strange, thay are doing them selves out of money if thay dont. I oftern reg for a potential buyer, then if thay dont want it, I return it within 5 days and get a refund. I dont out my names, thats why I am looking for a good UK reg to build on them, thx BFB.

7. retired_member16

retired_member16 Banned

Nominet not offering refunds willy-nilly avoids the hideous 'domain tasting' that you see our cousins over the pond doing.

If you reg a domain that - when sober - you realise is a load of crap, simply post it for sale on here over and over again. Thats what a lot of people do.

8. htmlindex

htmlindex Member

Maybe don't have beers before you reg any names, only have them once you've regged a good one, then you can have a beer to celebrate :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.