Domain Manage

Hi From The Borders Of Hertfordshire!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mattharwood, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattharwood

mattharwood Member

Ok, I'm from Luton ;)

Hi everyone! Thought I'd say hello as I'm getting in to domaining slowly and have enjoyed browsing through the forums for a little while!

Just made my first sale on the first domain I bought with the intention of selling, which has boosted my enthusiasm hugely! Won't disclose details yet, as it hasn't fully completed, but my calculator says it's 3125% profit ;)

Have been a web designer/developer for a long time, so it's great to move in to a related, but different area. I have thoughts to offer quick, cheap, but quality mini-site development here too, so I thought I'd ask:

* Would you, generally, consider paying a small amount for someone to quickly develop a mini-site (with copy) with actual design theory and a modern, unique design? Turn around would be 2-3 days.

*If so, how much would you envisage is an acceptable amount to pay?

Great to be here and very much looking forward to meeting you all!

Matt

• Like Like x 1
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. monaghan United Kingdom

monaghan Moderator Staff Member

Stretching the borders a little bit, isn't the county border on the A505 just before Stopsley :)

You're still welcome though!

For a mini site, what would you offer that DruPal, Joomla, WordPress didn't? I can understand paying for a site design for a big site, not for a small made for adsense type of site though.

4. mattharwood

mattharwood Member

Hi Alex!

Ha, yes you're correct. I'd say it's close enough though! Also hoping to cross the border permanently soon :p

Thanks for the welcome, and you're opinion re: the mini-sites! I just thought I'd put the idea out there as it's something (in terms of project size) I've not done before.

I guess the idea may be more suited to those that don't have the time nor patience to install Wordpress, create a new theme (or find a good enough, unique-looking theme) and write unique copy.

Thanks again!

5. monaghan United Kingdom

monaghan Moderator Staff Member

You may well get takers, give it a shot and see who bites, if the quality is good enough, people will recommend, if not, then they'll let you know :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. mattharwood

mattharwood Member

Thanks Alex!

I've just built a minisite tonight (see sig) so hopefully some may be interested :cool: Loving the forums!

• Like Like x 1
  7. wizard

wizard Well-Known Member

Welcome Matt !

• Like Like x 1
  8. awab66

awab66 Member

Welcome Matt from Hemel Hempstead. Enjoy this space there is a lot of experience in this space.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.