Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Hi from US.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ibydesign, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibydesign United States

ibydesign Active Member

Hi. Another female from the US. Been investing in domains since 1997. Have lots of domains, as you can imagine. Never developed or parked them until about 19 months ago. Lost a lot of time! Hello to old friends and new friends in the UK. ~ Tasha Kidd

• Like Like x 1
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. enworb

enworb Active Member

Welcome. That's a long time to be a domainer. You sure had more to choose from than I do:D

Where in the US are you?
    I've been to a few places in the US. Orlando, Miami, Fort Myers, Clearwater, Daytona, Wichita...I think that's it.

4. ibydesign United States

ibydesign Active Member

Indiana. Lived five years in San Diego, CA. Also did an enjoyable stint in Cobham, Surrey in the 70's when I was in high school. :)

5. mally United Kingdom

mally Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome to the forum!

I'm pretty new in this game.

6. enworb

enworb Active Member

You're giving your age away:-D

So did you come to England just for high school?

My cousin in Canada considered studying dentistry in England.

7. guy martin United Kingdom

guy martin Active Member

Welcome To IBY Design

Is that right that you have over 10,000 domains? - impressive.
    regards
    Guy

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  8. ibydesign United States

ibydesign Active Member

Yes, only it wasn't called that. I had a lovely time. Lived near Stoke d' Abernon and walked into Cobham for school. Wore the uniform. Made a wonderful friend with Jill Fleming, who was very short, and I was very tall (in comparison), and she helped me learn the important things... like what "the loo" was. Wish I could find her now. She had a dad who loved his old car so much that he had buried it in the front yard (not so you could see it) but like a favorite family pet. I remember a field trip we took to the home show in London, at which we were so impressed with this "drummer" that we bought his wonder knife... I think it was a ginsu, but I can tell you it's still the most used knife around our house, especially for cutting fresh warm bread, without crushing it. We were studying Pride and Prejudice, and a bunch of other great archaic stuff, with a headmaster droning on, and the windows open in the spring. But the most important thing I learned was how to drive a stick shift. They had this field and about five cars and they all drove around this track in these cars. I think I was the only girl in the class. But here's this Yank sitting on the right side of the car, with the gear shift on the left, trying to drive a stick shift for the first time. Good thing I was young and pliable.

9. ibydesign United States

ibydesign Active Member

... or dumb. Think of the renewals. 98% two word generic dot coms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.