Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Hi

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Louie, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Louie

Louie Member

Hello everyone,

I'm dipping a toe or two into domaining as a way of topping up my income, but before I dive in and start buying up domains I have a couple of questions for you seasoned domainers out there:

1) In your opinion, is this still a viable industry to get involved in at this comparatively late stage?

2) I'd love to know how you got into and how long you've been domaining, what were the biggest mistakes you made at the start and what have been your biggest successes?

Thanks,

Louie.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member

It's never a bad time to get into the market if you're prepared to be careful with what you buy. It's very competitive of course; some people find it lucrative to pick a 'niche' rather than speculate on masses of mediocre domains.

Failures and successes? Yeah - had both big-time but probably outside the scope of this welcoming post.

Welcome!

4. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

Just to answer 1) then it is still very much possible to be involved in domaining. Now that I have experience I am still finding free to reg domains that have great potential.

2) I've been doing this for years, and would recommend that you do some thorough research before buying too many domains. Quality always sells, but you need to work out what "quality" is. Hanging around here a while will help.

Rgds

5. Alex-Z

Alex-Z Active Member

Personally my biggest source of frustration with domains is all the domains i buy when i have "great" ideas, and then i never have the time to actually do them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.