Domain Manage

Ho tmil .co.uk well beyond its "sell by date" Nominet bang out of order?

Discussion in 'Detagged or Suspended UK Domain Names' started by singlefile, Dec 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. singlefile

singlefile Active Member

What's up with this apparent "rule for one and a different rule for others," exemplified by the position of hotmil .co .uk? There's many more domains involved too; I'm sure many of you have spotted the particular owner/tag combi in question.

Some people see their domain name dropped, bang-on the 90 days, whilst others sail past that milestone, without even a "suspension."

Could somebody please enlighten my cynical mind?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2005
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

Seems like a conspiracy to me. The tag holder and registrant involved, whoever they are, probably find it hilarious! :razz: Damn them!

4. retired member 1

retired member 1 Retired Member

Yes, I also noticed this some time ago.

5. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

There is no conspiracy. All the names were flagged as DNC (do not cancel) as they had been subject to a transfer. The DNC remains on after the transfer, for sometime, to allow the new registrant an opportunity to renew the domain names. As you may have noticed, all the domain names in question have been renewed. Incidently there was never any intention of the registrant letting them expire. However sometimes, I am told, some registrants find it amusing to let a few juicy domain names go to suspended only to renew them sometime after. ANY Web certainly had fun with that one recently! :razz:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.