Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Hotel domains wanted

Discussion in 'Domain Name Wanted' started by bluerock, May 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retired_member32

retired_member32 Retired Member

i have some in my sig ?

mark

my bloody sig has gone awol

dalamanhotels/co/uk 18,100 exact pg1 position1
    luccahotels/co/uk 8,100 exact
    naxoshotels/co/uk 4,400 exact

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. bluerock United Kingdom

bluerock Well-Known Member

Hi Blackpool

PM the domain and i'll have a look

4. mercato Canada

mercato Active Member

I have some major cities like cityhotels.tel
    .tel is the future of communication, new ,extremely easy and inexpensive to operate and set up.
    You don't need to pay for webhosting, you don't need to pay for webdesign and wait weeks or months for your website. You can do it yourself in a few minutes.
    .tel is a brilliant idea

5. bluerock United Kingdom

bluerock Well-Known Member

.tel.....Hmm thanks but i'll pass.

6. mercato Canada

mercato Active Member

I am so happy

Because most people don't understand how.tel works I was able to register
    a number of great .tel names. In a couple of years when it becomes popular and widely used you will be kicking yourself for not registering and using it.
    It will replace Yellow Pages and all existing directories because people will get use to the idea that when for example the want to find a hotel in Manchester all they'll have to do is to type in on your computer or mobile manchesterhotels.tel and you'll find a list of all hotels in Manchester and contact the required hotel by clicking on it's name. That's it no spending a fortune on web developing or hosting.
    I have one site that I started to do but did not finish because I am out of the country right now. go to northantstaxi.tel
    So remember next time you are stuck somwhere in Northamptonshire and
    at 2:00 Am try to find a taxi don't go looking for the Yellow Pages or an internet cafe to find a taxi. All you have to do is go to my site at have a taxi of your choice in a few minutes.
    It will become a standard within the next few years

7. stevef1fan United Kingdom

stevef1fan Well-Known Member

Whoops, apologies Bluerock for hijacking thread.

Hope the names are coming together.

Just one quick question for Mercato. I can see your point re. .tel's. However, surely there's a big difference between effectively a phone directory of names and numbers and a proper website where I can view hotels, read reviews, blogs, browse offers, maybe even join a forum like this ?

They are 2 completely different things, with different values. One is simply a phone book entry, no doubt very convenient as you point out, the other is a buying portal, a proposition, sharing information I didn't already know and browsing images - you browse holiday brochures, you don't just ring up and book. Not the same thing at all. Perhaps the .tel compliments the .co.uk etc. But on it's own ??

Incidently, how many people get excited about 118 ?? - they never stop advertising it. 2 annoying geeks with handlebar moustaches ! I'd never ring it. I'm not even sure wether it's 118 once or twice !! If I want to find something I just google it, or maybe yell. The browsing activity of most people revealed in the adwords exact match tool (when it works !), I believe, goes much deeper than just looking for names and numbers - though I'm sure some people will be. A generalisation I know, but people want to satisfy needs and maybe look at nice pictures along the way ! They are innately curious.

Websites take time to put together because they are a unique proposition, not just a directory of numbers.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Apologies again Bluerock, I just wanted to raise this point. The point proved longer than originally planned !!

Best Regards,

Steve.

Last edited: May 23, 2009
  8. mercato Canada

mercato Active Member

You are right .tel will not replace .com because they are different and can only complement each other but I am sure it will replace all directories including Yellow Pages. It's only matter of time

9. peacock Sweden

peacock Active Member

Geo hotels - all .co.uk

bugibba-hotels
    funchal-hotels
    jandiahotels
    kavos-hotels
    lindoshotels
    marmaris-hotels
    maspolomas-hotels
    pefkoshotels
    sidari-hotels