Domain Manage

Hotels Lancashire

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by scwebsites, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scwebsites

scwebsites Active Member

HotelsLancashire .co.uk dropped a couple of days ago, I didn't 'catch it' I hand registered it a few hours after it dropped.

This would usually make me think that a domain has absolutely no value, but I can't see why this one wasn't caught the moment it dropped.

I'm going to put a hotel site on it, and with one of the UK's most popular seaside holiday towns being in Lancashire - Blackpool - I can see this making me a few quid.

Has this domain any value in your opinion? I'm baffled as to why it was not caught.

Jon

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

I have a handful of hotel names, such as Hotels in York. Your name which look fine in the SERPs, but a whole county is rather "general", so doesn't give you any significant SEO traction in my opinion, i.e. it's easy to gain performance though micro targetting by City rather than general counties. That's why it was left I feel, but it's a nice name to develop nonetheless.

Rgds

4. scottmccloud

scottmccloud Active Member

If people are going to want a holiday in Blackpool, they're going to search for Blackpool, not Lancashire.

It might be worth focusing your efforts more to the East of the county. The Ribble Valley has some of the UK's most beautiful countryside and some very nice hotels. I think it's only going to get more popular as a weekend break place.

5. scwebsites

scwebsites Active Member

Thanks for the info :)

6. scwebsites

scwebsites Active Member

I agree that it's doesn't have the best keyword combination, but for a reg fee I think its great. I'm going to put the first of many hotel directories on there and hopefully get some revenue from longtail searches.

:)

7. Sussexite

Sussexite Active Member

I think it's fine.

There are lots of places outside the big cities and towns in each county (even largely-urban Lancashire) where there's demand for accommodation.

You may not compete that well on "Hotel Blackpool" but you will probably do well with longer tail phrases like "Hotel Skelmersdale Lancashire" etc

PS Didn't the Beatles sing about "10,000 hotels in Blackburn Lancashire"?

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  8. PoshTiger United Kingdom

PoshTiger Well-Known Member

** hijack alert **

I've just caught hotels-in-york.co.uk if you want to make me a cheeky offer..

** hijack alert **

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.