Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

How do I buy an un used domain?

Discussion in 'Domain Research' started by crazihos, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazihos Spain

crazihos Active Member

Can anyone offer some advice on this?:)

I've found a domain I really want but theres a site on it - not a great start I know!

The thing is the site hasnt been updated for 6 years and non of the email addresses on the site work as emails ive sent asking to buy it have bounced back 30 days later.

I've also written and rang the address where the domain ts listed as a ltd company but have had no response (the LTD accounts dont show any real trading either).

Is there any way to get the domain that i've missed or do i just have to let it go?

Cheers guys

Russ

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. GreyWing

GreyWing Well-Known Member

There is always a way mate, but depends how much you want it. Going as far as turning up at the person's house or finding the office next to his office and giving them a ring to see if they are still in business or have any knowledge of it, could be a start.

Best of luck

4. bensd United Kingdom

bensd Well-Known Member

If they are not replying to your emails then add another 0 ;)

5. newbie United Kingdom

newbie Active Member

Now that's a classic! :D

6. stevebrowne United Kingdom

stevebrowne Active Member

don't assume that because it hasn't been updated that it isn't of use to the owner. Just like a winemaker or cheesemaker leaves their produce to mature, so too can domainers. I'm sure many of us here have got old, out of date domains just waiting to be born again from and old unloved site.

But the added 0 works for me too ;-)

7. retired_member12

retired_member12 Retired Member

Order a 'Current Appointments Report' from Companies House via their WebCheck service (you'll need to set up a user account), it'll only cost you £1, and it can be with you in a matter of minutes. Then contact one of the Directors listed!

8. crazihos Spain

crazihos Active Member

Add another 0 - lol that might work,

Thing is the emails all bounce so my efforts arent even reaching them, I've tried Companies house but the directors are listed at the address I tried and I'm pretty sure they arent there anymore as another company (now defunct) has worked from that address since.

Steve your right about it possibly just being on hold but its odd that non of the addresses or emails work or phone numbers work - youd think they would have updated a contact on there even if they are leaving it to mature.

Its a pain in the arse when you cant even get old of anyone:(

9. stevebrowne United Kingdom

stevebrowne Active Member

If the contact details *are* wrong, there is a Nominet process as well, isn;t there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.