Domain Manage

How Hard

Discussion in 'Domain Traffic / Keyword Research' started by retired_member16, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retired_member16

retired_member16 Banned

Just so I can get an idea of the task in front of me, would anyone like to hazard a guess at how hard/time consuming/costly would it be to get to page 1 of Google et al for the keywords 'european travel' ?

I dont use the KWT, so can anyone please tell me if this a sort after term?

TIA!

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. retired_member13

retired_member13 Banned

Shouldn't be particularly difficult if you have unique content and a bit of patience. Getting the #1 slot might be hardish though as it's occupied by the European Travel Commission.

It's not at all sought after wrt exact searches so a page 1 listing won't generate much traffic at all, even the #1 slot would give you less than 10 uniques daily.

4. retired_member16

retired_member16 Banned

Thank you for your reply TY.

I see 14,800 Local Monthly Searches but to be honest, I dont have a clue what that means. From what you have said its either a) I have done it wrong or b) thats not a lot.

Either way, I wont bother with what I had planned :eek:)

5. retired_member13

retired_member13 Banned

No worries, happy to help.

What you're seeing is the broad match searches . If you look to the lower left of the results you'll see 3 checkboxes "Match Types" - select "Exact" - the reading for [european travel] is 390. The broad match search is any searches containing those words in any order.

For the record 14,800 exact matches would be a pretty strong domain, especially in something like travel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.