Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

How often do you sell.. anything?

Discussion in 'Domain Research' started by namdas, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. namdas United Kingdom

namdas Active Member

Hiya!

This is almost an introduction post - I've come by a few times but only recently taken a real interest in domaining. Basically I've been doing mini sites for a while with some success, but recently the amount of research i've done into potential new niches has been much greater than the actual building I've done, and I know from past experiences it is easy to plan things with great domains yet never do anything.

So since I can see myself buying hundreds more yet perhaps only developing some percentage of them, I am interested in just how often people do sell. Looking at domainprices.co.uk, buydomains.com etc I can see that one good sale would probably pay for a good chunk of the investment you put into a portfolio, but I'm sure people part with domains for smaller prices too.

Basically as I'm coming at it from a mini site angle I'm looking at a large number of topically related two-word keyword domains, so I know they have value as there is traffic (and money) in those niches. Many may need to be .org.uk rather than .co.uk.

Do people normally just 'set + forget' - ie list them on Sedo for sale and wait for someone to come fishing - or do you actively market your domains? How successful can you be with a lazy approach?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.