Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

How to make those 'continue on our site' pop ups..?

Discussion in 'Website Design' started by newly listed!, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newly listed!

newly listed! Active Member

Hi everyone,

I don’t know what they are exactly called but has any one ever visited a website and all a sudden upon landing on the page it goes dim and a sort of pop up appears with some info about the website and you click to continue to get off it and to be able to carry onto the accessing the website?? Sometimes ive seen it done where the website page goes dim and an advert shows! Then you have to click to the side of the ad for the dimness to disappear.. Cant find any examples to show you what i mean but i have been on loads of sites with them occurring on..!! :(

If anyone knows what they’re called lol and if anyone also knows how to bloody make one it would be high appreciated!

Thank you!

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. Ashton Canada

Ashton Well-Known Member

They are a sort of lightbox, its done with javascript and CPALead.com uses them to serve its 'access only by filling in this' stuff.

I am not sure if any popular ad services provide this script or if you can find one. Making one yourself or getting someone good with Javascript to do it for you would probably be best. It would be relatively straightforward using jquery + existing lightbox to do it.

Oh for another example where I use a lightbox, click the 'food hygiene courses' link in my sig and then click 'demo'

• Like Like x 1
  4. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. newly listed!

newly listed! Active Member

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  6. Ashton Canada

Ashton Well-Known Member

Yeah that should do, except on browsers which don't support css opacity declarations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.