Domain Manage

How to manage your drop catching business

Discussion in 'New Domainers' started by dragon, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragon

dragon Active Member Acorn Supporter

Recently got into drop catching and finding it a bit of a struggle keeping track of the domains i want to catch, as while im going for one domain, one in my "grab list" might have been taken, then some domains dont drop, this adds up quickly over a few days lol.. how do you lot manage it? Excel?

Cheers,
    Dragon

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. monaghan United Kingdom

monaghan Moderator Staff Member

My catching application reads & manages a database, so a simple query shows what the current state of play is.

4. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

I don't have the capability yet, but I have drawn up a Schematic along with a pseudo code plan.

I would imagine running against an SQL/Access database, where the status of the domain is updated after each pass if its changed, meaning soon as a status moves to 'taken' then the script stops addressing it and takes it off your check list.

I don't know if my plan will work until I finally get my act together to get nom account and dac :)

5. monaghan United Kingdom

monaghan Moderator Staff Member

Unless you have a multi-threaded application where the database management is on a seperate thread to the DAC/EPP, then I'd suggest that Access will probably be too slow to update on each pass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.