Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

How's Your FSB doing?

Discussion in 'Fresh Store Builder' started by roydovaston, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roydovaston United Kingdom

roydovaston Active Member

I've got 2 FSB sites up and neither are creating as many sales as one would wish for. On one of them i got a good amount of checkouts but since March i've had none. I must admit i've done zero SEO apart from a few snippets of creative text on site so probably shouldn't expect anything.

Are other people's FSB sites still producing good levels of sales or have most slowed down after initial excitement of building your new stores?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. boxerdog

boxerdog Well-Known Member

I had a good run of selling PhoneCases".org.uk" but ever since I put some new content on it has stopped, and now I seem to be selling a few Double-Beds".org.uk"
    But as all mine used to have sites on before I think I just have to sit and wait for them all to come back :(
    To be honest I`ve lost interest in FSB but I will get back into it as I have a nice new name to test.

4. chippyb United Kingdom

chippyb Active Member

been about 2 months and still dont have any of my rankings back in google, i think i have one ranking in google now at 98th, annoyed as it earnt so much when it did rank, done loads to the site but nothing is happened in the rankings,

I dont have a site to put it back to either so not looking good for me, i have changed everything i can, even the default spun text for the products i think i have over 10000 words of content now, plus each product page. i am half tempted to get rid of every product to see if that does anything.

5. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Why don't you see what Google has to say about your site by hooking it up to analytics / webmaster tools? Is it being crawled correctly? Any errors?

I notice you don't have XML sitemaps for example that I know the Google crawler favours.

Admin

6. chippyb United Kingdom

chippyb Active Member

It is in both of those any everything is fine. site gets crawled daily even asked Google and they said the site was fine.
    It does have a site map and webmaster says everything bar 2 pages are indexed so no issues there at all. no problem with site speed either. less than a second to load. i am out of ideas really

7. chippyb United Kingdom

chippyb Active Member

It is official now, I do not currently rank in google for anything anymore, it has completly lost everything, I obviously have been hit by something but I have no idea what and how to even start to get it back now,.

8. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

If you want a quick sale to offload your GBB site (domain+content+everything), PM me, I could be interested. ;)

9. icoslaw United Kingdom

icoslaw Active Member

R u sure?:) i was sure that my shops ... was "removed":) from google but no panic it was just waiting... waiting and waiting :) and all shops back :) to their positions... so maybe wait a little bit more??

10. chippyb United Kingdom

chippyb Active Member

Well it has been 2 months now, so i guess i will wait another month, have pretty much changed everything on the site no so hopefully will see something good out of it soon. every page is still indexed just not ranking

11. belovedAunt

belovedAunt Member

For what it's worth, I've got 4 FSB stores now (3 on new domains, 1 had a rubbishy Wordpress site before) and from my personal experience, I don't think the Big G does penalise FSB sites per se.

I haven't done anything in the way of link building, and whilst all the content is unique, there isn't a lot of it.

The one on the WP domain did dive in the rankings for a while, but I fixed the 404 errors and added some 301 redirects and after a couple of months it came back to what it was before (which admittedly wasn't on page 1).

3 of the sites rank on the first page for their EMD. That says more about the crappy url than anything else I suspect. Each one only gets about 10 visitors a day and between all four I average less than one sale per day. As mentioned though, I have put all my time so far in experimenting with the building and haven't done any SEO stuff yet.

I won't be building any more FSB stores for the time being. It does take a fair bit of time to set one up properly, and in hindsight I would have spent that time by researching the best niche and product and concentrated all my effort on one average FSB site rather than 4 pretty naff ones.

Ben

12. philiporchard United Kingdom

philiporchard Well-Known Member

Assemblies co-uk currently at 39 in G for the term assemblies. Will be interesting to see which way this goes.

13. max99x United Kingdom

max99x Well-Known Member

well my FSB site is doing well, ranking lot better than wordpress site I did have on it but that could be due to putting lot more fresh unique content on it...

problem seems to be conversions on it....are shocking.... and not sure why

14. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Are your customers going via the redirect FSB page or direct to the Amazon checkout? This can make a difference. :)

15. max99x United Kingdom

max99x Well-Known Member

not sure! will try and find out

16. chippyb United Kingdom

chippyb Active Member

Do you mean do they use the basket on there store or are using the buy from amazon link?

17. monaghan United Kingdom

monaghan Well-Known Member

Which is best?

18. stender United Kingdom

stender Well-Known Member

There's only one way to find out...................

19. chippyb United Kingdom

chippyb Active Member

yep only one way to find out, I cant help you and tell you as well my store in abit f'ed at the mo.

But it all depends on your own store, do some testing and see.

20. Paullas

Paullas Super Moderator Staff Member

have you noticed a difference.

also do yo mean skipping out the basket and just going direct form site to amazon. I am finding people are getting to amazon and clicking on the got back to amazon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.