Domain Manage

i am having a right stinker!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Board' started by retired_member32, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retired_member32

retired_member32 Retired Member

i have been hit with a sucker punch,i was sent an email from my bank about my account being under investigation for non payment of an overdraft facility and i thought it looked genuine but to make sure i forwarded it on to the bank in question to see if this was sent by them,they replied and i opened the message and i was sent a root virus,it went unseen by my mcafee security suite and i cannot for the life of me get rid of it,i cannot start windows and it just keeps looping back to safe mode screen,it won't start in any safe mode,recovery console,the bios won't boot from cd/dvd rom,then my 4 year old daughter picks my memory stick up and must have been carrying static because it is not recognised and to cap it all i cannot load my studio mx2004 on my other pc because the f*****g disk is scratched,does anybody know how i could remove a root virus without formatting the disk.....:mad:

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. GreyWing

GreyWing Retired Member

Have you got a rescue disk or anything from Mcafee?

4. scooter United Kingdom

scooter Well-Known Member

pm sent .............

5. retired_member32

cheers scooter pm replied....,i had my mcafee suite pre installed at the local college because my missus is a college lecturer we can have a general licence from the there..:(

6. GreyWing

GreyWing Retired Member

Mcafee takes up a fair few resources, have you tried nod32 it takes up very little compared to the big ones and has never let me down.

Pretty cheap at £25 a year,

7. uglygit

uglygit Active Member

the enterprise version of mcafee is slim and light, the beauty of mcafee is you can perform free dat updates on either home or enterprise without purchasing any definition licence update (legally of course).

8. retired_member32

has anybody got mcafee virus protection,does anybody know how you can create a registry boot disk,even under the help tab it only mentions when you have loaded windows,you see i have mcafee on my old pc so i could run a copy of there but i need some kind of software that cleans from when i change the bios to boot from floppy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.