Domain Manage

I read with interest

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by Ellis, Oct 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellis United Kingdom

Ellis Active Member

In the domain name news section about the mega sale of sms.co.uk and that companies are treating virtual real estate in a similar way to bricks and mortar.

I regged 30 or so of the remaining worlds capital cities a few days ago and wondered if anyone thinks there may be some future value in them.

A small selection

lapaz.co.uk - Bolivia
    addisababa.co.uk - Ethiopia
    daressalaam.co.uk - Tanzania
    antananarivo.co.uk - Madagascar
    luanda.co.uk - Angolakigali.co.uk - Rwandaastana.co.uk - Kazakstan

None of them are getting much traffic right now and I do have uses planned for them..but it'd be interesting to hear other peoples thoughts

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. charlie

charlie Well-Known Member

personally i think this is where our old favourite the co.uk extension breaks down as it doesn't have the global scope for these foriegn places. Towns within the UK of course work a lot better.

now unless someone is looking for a holiday in these particular places then i cant see the opportunity? - most of them i couldn't spell anyways!

check my next appraisal post for my next waste of cash! ;)

4. Ellis United Kingdom

Ellis Active Member

This was one of my concerns, however the UK is the most culturally diverse nation on the planet and has the highest travellers per capita in the world.

OK, these cities aren't Paris, New York & Milan but that could work in their favour as very little, generally, is known about them.

I saw a documentary on the BBC last year about one of the former russian Countries, can't remember which one, kyrgyzstan I think, that within 10 years is going to become the richest country on earth due to it's massive untapped oil and natural resources. The capital is bishkek

Another thing is, companies (mainly travel) are bidding on the keywords to each and everyone I've regged which is always a good sign.

Fingers crossed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.