Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

I think this is where we belong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Please check us out at Domains.co.uk . We have been live now for just under three weeks with phase one developments...

Plans for resellers and portfolio owners coming soon :)

Wow you certainly picked the very best name to operate under - good luck, and as in your intro thread lets hope this is a very successful business model, It's been a long time coming

Welcome, nice to see the STJ domains getting a wider audience. BTW, are you in the market for buying or trading, or are you just focused on the leasing side at present?

You own my name domain name. Damn. At £500 / month I dont think ill ever have it =(

How are you going to prevent people burning your domain names?

Any expensive domains I buy, I'm careful with them - I build links slowly to start with, don't do anything too spammy, no hidden links and so on. This is all due to the fear of losing an expensive asset.

If I'm renting, I could cut corners and do high risk things, since I don't really have anything invested in it. If anything renters might be more likely to take this approach from another point of view too, since they need to rank it quickly to make money and stem the cashflow loss coming from the monthly payments going out.

I think I'd rather sell domains or develop them - trying to rent them out seems a poor proposition from the owners point of view to me.

Also it might be worth adding in a better way to search them. You have too many low quality domains in there, and you're asking per month for them an amount that I honestly don't think anyone here would pay you once, to own the domain outright. All the poor ones are making the decent ones hard to find. You've already ranked them 1-5 stars, could they not be searched/sorted by those too? At a quick glance your portfolio looks low end, which is a shame when you have killer domains like finance.co.uk and wine.co.uk in there...

Thanks for all the feedback.

In regards to buying / selling - we do have plans in the pipeline to expand the services we offer, including buying, and selling... We are always interested in buying premium domains which we can lease back out so feel free to contact us through the site if you have any names you feel we may be interested in - I will add though, at this stage this is not the main focus.

In regards to monitoring the domains we lease out, and safe guarding ourselves against sandboxing and such like, we have a number of precautions in place to cover us against this. A wealth of time and money has been spent putting a robust contract together, and we will not just be leasing out to anyone - every lessee needs to be qualified and relevant liability is in place in the event we are faced with the issues you raised. Ongoing development into our monitoring system is also an ongoing focus for us...

I guess only time will tell if our service becomes trusted, reliable and a valid option for both the registrant and the lessee... Our existing clients however seem to be more than happy with their outcome.

If I would like a lease of a domain name can I have an ability to own the domain name after some certain period of months? According to lease of some vehicles you could have an ownership option after 4 years for example.

If I would like a lease of a domain name can I have an ability to own the domain name after some certain period of months? According to lease of some vehicles you could have an ownership option after 4 years for example.

This is not really an option we want to get into the habit of doing in all honesty. However, if the deal is right then naturally we would consider it. Our contracts are very robust, yet at the same time are quite flexible in regards to the 'parameters' as such. For example, some people prefer a fixed term contract, where as others opt for a rolling option. We also have clauses in the agreement that cover you in the event you may wish to sell your online business as a whole out right all together...

Everybody's situation is different, yet we are confident we have a base contract in place to account for the majority of eventualities.

Welcome and good luck with all your plans.

You certainly belong here at Acorn, lol.

You have some excellent premium generics in your portfolio. Are all the domains in your portfolio owned by you or do you also offer other domainers to list their domains on your site?

Nice domains and nice bus plan about leasing domains like commercial property offering them out on FRI clever ...

Good luck and all the best

just thinking - at 5k+ per month lease probably be cheaper to bang on adwords and get instant no.1 spot whilst building up reg'fee domain in serps... as no.1. spot organic is just not the no.1 spot it used to be these days. I suppose you wouldn't have the credibilty of owning a 'generic' but do end users really care that much - my kids and 82 y/o gran don't give a shit.

Nothing wrong with leasing out domains for either side…?. You Lease a domain at xxx as long as it makes xxxx that you would'nt have without it who care's its a profit both sides happy ....?

I would make sure all domains say there available for lease etc on them… Noticed land and merchantbank don’t have might want to check others.... More people that know the better chance of a new customer ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom