Domain Manage

I'm now in DMOZ

Discussion in 'SEO Search Engine Optimisation' started by woopwoop, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woopwoop United States

woopwoop Well-Known Member

This is a strange one. I thought that DMOZ had collapsed or something after the changes over there.

I just noticed traffic coming from their site today, after originally submitting my student site to the directory about 2 years ago :eek: can you believe that?

Crazy stuff... I wonder if the other site I submitted is about to come through too... maybe a pagerank + ;)

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

Well done, very hard to achieve sometimes...2 years certainly isn't unheard of :mrgreen:

4. uglygit

uglygit Active Member

2 yrs, so I can forget about checking my mailbox for a 'your site has been acccepted' message. :(

5. woopwoop United States

I can now stop wondering, I guess (about one of the sites I submitted) just crazy that in the back of my mind I've had that question there for 2 years... "will they ever list me?" :)

Maybe unless you get lucky. I think in the past you were able to log onto their forums and pester the editors a bit so that they may be able to help push your submission - but then they stopped all of that - not sure if it was ever effective.

Then I think they got hacked or something bad happened because they stopped taking new submissions for a while.

Oh wells, I wonder how much it will help. The traffic I've been receiving is only a trickle, but I guess any respect from Google about this would help.. :D

6. retired_member3

retired_member3 Retired Member

Dmoz is soooo frustrating! I gave up submitting due to the stress of it. The site is a joke. You submit, you have no way of knowing if it will go in or not and expected to wait 2 years to see if it does! I have sites on their but can't be bothered trying to get more on there. :twisted:

7. woopwoop United States

I agree it's backward. Things should be very clear cut in this day and age.

Different topic but I also find the companies house website frustrating when it closes at midnight and on sundays for webcheck searches or when I have to file something. More frustrating because I'm in US and so it closing at midnight GMT means it's closing at 7pm for me :(

A website that closes - how crazy is that? Due to their mainframe system updating or something I was told!

8. mally United Kingdom

mally Well-Known Member

Some of the sites on there are so bad, like the first ever site you probably put together.

I've got 2 on there, both businesses I've bought though.

9. devolution

devolution Active Member

Perhaps the new Wiki search engine project will become what DMOZ should have been...

I know your frustration about CompaniesHouse, woop - I experience the same problems too it being closed because of time difference since I'm in the West Coast US now. I sent them a comment saying about the Internet being a 24-hr resource and CH should get with the times, but they didn't reply...!

10. woopwoop United States

LOL. I also emailed them a while ago and said exactly the same thing.
    They did reply though and said they were working on it... but that was a while back... I bet loads of people contact them about this

11. pilaruk

pilaruk Member

I agree.
    Takes a long time.
    A requested a modification of listing a few months ago and have not heard anything yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.