Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

I'm quitting Domaining ... what do you think of my alternative?

Discussion in 'General Board' started by instaunt, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mally United Kingdom

mally Well-Known Member

Great cartoon I'm sure kids would love it:)

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. instaunt United Kingdom

instaunt Active Member

I own four kilts. I know plenty of people that wear them too. More than anything, they are symbolic and dressy, which is why Pickles wears it.

On the other hand, his favourite food is carrot cake, not haggis. And he plays the drums, not the bagpipes.

4. The Ferryman United Kingdom

The Ferryman Active Member

I love him already! :)
    Anyone who doesn't play the bagpipes can't be bad.
    Bruce

5. julian United Kingdom

julian Banned

I think its a good effort but its not quite good enough to cut it at top level.

My kids are at the age where they read this stuff - there are tons of people trying to break into this market and I have to say some doing it better. I'm not sure the main characters are even that amenable.

6. instaunt United Kingdom

instaunt Active Member

My budget is £1500 per episode ... top level has a bit more than that to work with! In The Night Garden got £250,000 per episode. For that kind of money I'd have produced something better, yes.

I realise some people will not be fans. On YouTube, the stats show more than half of the people that start watching the cartoon, finish it. I think that's pretty good? If half the people in the country liked my cartoon - that would be a hit, wouldn't it?

Thanks everyone
    Mike

7. instaunt United Kingdom

instaunt Active Member

Anyone got experience with ebooks? The whole thing is confusing me. You can have an iBook epub which allows me to have the images of the children's picture book full size. Then there is a Lulu/Nook epub which forces the images in to the top middle of a blank white screen. Then there is the Amazon epub and KF8 which seem to give each image a huge white border too.

Why is there not a standard for this?

8. Stephen United Kingdom

Stephen Well-Known Member

Education Education Education

Mike

Great animation quality.

I would develop the range of accompanying educational books on reading/writing and maths for young children plus the cuddly toy.

Develop animations which they can watch for free and use utube and other marketing to get it out there. But then gently prompt to your website to buy the accompanying books and toy.

Good luck and hope you get the break, the quality of your work deserves.

Rgds
    stephen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.