Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

In this day and age....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
How on earth did a company like BAE Systems let BAE .co.uk drop? Seriously, I find it incredible that this even got to suspended status, and was expecting to see it renewed at the last minute.

Will companies never learn?

Presumably because the super-low-level cog in the corporate machine who was responsible for domain renewals was fired/transferred/hates their job etc... and there's nobody else who knows/cares about it.

Because they operate under baesystems.com so had no requirement for a £xxx domain? Remember that whilst it is a great lll in terms of letters, the obvious company is BAE themselves, and dominate search results, which will impact upon alternative use.

Do you think that because the three letters BAE are so inextricably linked to British Aerospace (especially in the UK) it massively devalues the .co.uk, and to a much lesser extent, the .com?

A while back there was a UK company using a three word domain name and also owned the 3 letter .co.uk which was not pointed at the site and was in need of renewal. I emailed them and asked if I could buy it off them for £500. They actually emailed back and declined the offer and said they would not even take offers on it. It later expired and dropped. Was so frustrating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom