Domain Manage

IndigoPhoto

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by Triggaaar, Jun 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triggaaar

Triggaaar Member

IndigoPhoto.co.uk / .com

any ideas please :)

Thanks

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. Triggaaar

Triggaaar Member

By the way, these are a sites that are for sale (different vendors) that I'm interested in buying, not sites that I have for sale.

I have no idea what they want for the .co.uk yet (they emailed saying make an offer), but I wouldn't be willing to pay much at all. I don't imagine it's worth much, but I thought I'd ask what you think?

Thanks

4. bb99 United Kingdom

bb99 Well-Known Member

I can't see any value in these, particularly because the HP Indigo range of printing presses are now fairly synonymous with photo printing - so if you were doing anything in that field you may run into legal problems.

5. Triggaaar

Triggaaar Member

Thanks for the reply. I'm after it for photography, so not competing with selling printing presses.

Is it that easy for a brand to claim ownership of random names of their products? As long as you're not passing off, I assume it's fine. M&S have an Indigo range, it's just the name of a colour, I'm not sure an existing brand (even a big one) can suddenly claim ownership. Eg, I don't imagine M&S can stop other clothing chains having an indigo line. Theirs is called Indigo Collection, they also have a Classic Collection, but there will thousands of classic collections around the world.

6. Triggaaar

Triggaaar Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.