Domain Manage

Influx of newbs?

Discussion in 'General Board' started by JMOT, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMOT

JMOT Well-Known Member

Is it me? Or has there been an influx of newbies to Acorn?

Dont get me wrong, more members should work out better in the longrun but I'm noticing more and more new members trying to flog utter crap they just hand reg'd for massive markup....total blaggers.

Am I being grumpy or is this just the public learning curve of new domainers?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

Whether it is you, or not, doesn't really matter because it is how it is and starting another thread about this kind of thing won't change it. :) All of our time is better spent on other things that getting into "the state of the forum" threads. I've been there. :)

4. Pred United Kingdom

Pred Well-Known Member

well I do that and I'm not new lol :p

5. JMOT

JMOT Well-Known Member

I'm just bored. lol

6. namealot United Kingdom

namealot Well-Known Member

There’s a bonus of making the ones bumped more than a dodgem at the fair seem like fantastic names, Also allows the older crappy ones to be rolled out again as I see many are…
    all this crap should be a good year in the garden….

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  7. Pred United Kingdom

Pred Well-Known Member

I'm all for new blood, as long as the bitches are buying and not selling lol

8. dougs United Kingdom

dougs Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

Tom is grumpy

Even when the sunshines:):) See you in LA matey x x x x

Doug

9. cm1975 United Kingdom

cm1975 Well-Known Member

Are there any more newbs than usual, or are there fewer regulars posting allowing for the newbs to rise to the surface?

10. tifosi United Kingdom

tifosi Well-Known Member

Noticed a lot of new catching names whos catches all end up on the site for pocket money prices. Milking dropcatching while they can.

11. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

Definitely seem to be more newbies with "large" no-hoper portfolios (people turning up with hundreds or thousands of junk names) Not sure why, but there's certainly a lot of cash going up in smoke in domaining at the moment due to ignorance and stubborn bloody-mindedness (just look at some of the tooth and nail arguments in the appraisal threads from newbies defending junk TMs for example)

That, and I agree that fewer and fewer regulars are participating.

12. retired_member33

retired_member33 Retired Member

I still remember joining this forum a few years ago... Posting a domain and I was killed by just about everyone as it was a TM domain.

That was the first domain I bought based on search volumes, unfortunally I forgot to switch from Broad to Exacts in the Keyword tool and in the end it turned to be a shite domain....

Since then I have been enjoying myself on this forum, laughing a lot at the guys who take things too serious and became good friends with the ones who are up for a laugh.

I also gave up my job and I am self employed at the moment and I am still enjoying every single bit of it :)

With regards to newbies... Let them go, but make sure we continue to be serious about their domains and Admin... Make sure you are on top of any spam attempt!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.