Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Insurance web technology financial services and website responsiveness for customer demand.

Reaction score
Companies find technology to solve an industry problem I don't think there's a better example in the insurance industry have by been very well positioned to offer their customers brokers end to end insurance decisions and we're already seeing examples and machine learning and advanced analytics in that in that solution for the brokers so those worlds come together. The UK banking and insurance industry today we're going to have to draw how we see companies driving growth in an era of change accounting for the constant change in the consumer behavior consumer expectations that we see on a day to day basis, and about the change that we're facing as an industry at the moment is coming from multiple angles. It's not just that the consumers are changing we're facing unprecedented political and economic uncertainty where everyone's favorite be worth I just had given up saying, for the time being, a general election political unrest in the Far East, climate change, and also a host of regulatory change across Europe a PSD to primarily in the banking industry and a number of other regulation coming in the insurance industry.

But I think one thing that will anchor on is that really what we've seen, and this is to be technologies completely reset customer expectations, and from our data, we see there are three main areas in financial service.

• They're more curious than ever before about their options.
  • They're impatient, they don't want to wait for things they want it now.
  • They're also extremely demanding of the service level expectations that they expect from their providers.

So if we look at data. We see this in everyday life. The numbers that increase in yearly searches for things like the best olive oil. The best travel pillow, the best toothbrushes people aren't happy with stock products anymore, consumers want the best stuff that companies have to offer. That's also the same in financial services again if we look at the year on year such growth from financial services products. It's not just stock products anymore. It's the best mortgage, the best interest accounts the best life insurance products, the best credit cards, and the best loans, and they're not going to wait for companies to provide the answer what we found from a study of about, 1000 thousand sites across the media really three seconds is the magic number. If a consumer is waiting more than three seconds for your mobile site to load, they'll leave your site and go elsewhere. So, really have to look at the speed of the solutions that you're offering to offer to your customers. It's not just the speed of your mobile apps, it's also instant gratification you see people want things now so again, looking at our data from the last year we see, we've seen a double, the amount of increase in same-day delivery options. We want people as a 150% increase in travel searches for today.

There are 7.7 billion people in the world right now and now over half of them connected to the internet. So we think the next phase of the internet is no longer going to be about people having access to the internet. It's about what they do with it, and the usage, we call this ability to partner and address the access is reaching yet and that's the beginning of the story and the age of assistance is manifested itself with one of the ways that manifests itself is for which is a smart technology layer that sits across many products if I take my example this morning my phone let me know that I needed to leave five minutes early because traffic to the local station was particularly bad as it, let me do a voice search to see when, when my train was expected.

You can search for your photos is intelligent layer is designed to make our lives easier for consumers and ultimately more useful so the question asked a lot for brands is in the age of assistance and the businesses take this away from the money in a new digital era and really we think it comes down to two, free facets.

• The first one is, how we can accelerate our businesses in a scalable way with machine learning. How can we be become responsible for our actions with our customers.
  • Then thirdly, how can we drive action through technology

The example so I'll just discuss with you three examples of how we see this manifesting in financial services. The CEO at Google Sundar Pichai last year came out and said the next 10 years, we think we're going to shift to an AI-first world, which has huge implications for businesses for consumers for society as a whole and we started with 10 years ago started to bring machine learning into new products and they are starting to see the benefits of that across consumers today so anyone uses Gmail on that on a mobile phone but they introduced this feature, last year Smart Reply in Gmail so when you're on your phone. The data shows two months ago was now, here in the UK 12% of all responses in the mobile application on Gmail, and now based on that smart Response features. But if we look at where machine learning, where innovation is really happening is in the insurance world actually no longer happens here in the UK, no longer no longer happens in Silicon Valley is starting to see the Asian companies, China in specifically really kind of like embracing technologies like machine learning and advanced analytics and starting to have significant benefits on their business so ping and the insurance companies I'm sure you will be familiar with really added machine learning, across the entire value chain and reassurance and starting to use it for areas like one identity and something that they're offering broker solutions, digital real-life sales for mobile with click the button, it can be speaking to a broker, having a real-life conversation with somebody on the other end of the phone about your needs, and it already pulls in all the information about that that user so the brokers armed with the insights to offer the most relevant solution for that consumer. So, the thing I think is a fantastic example of an organization's really embraced technology, machine-learning advanced analytics and reaping the rewards from it that come to the large insurance companies in Europe as well. So secondly, how can we be personal and responsible? And it really isn't, any silver bullet. We see that the combination of having the right technology solutions and partners in place, managing your data. so you have all of your data sets in a way that can actually leverage technologies like machine learning, and working in training, great people and Joe mentioned that lots of the applied engineers have been to some of our, our boot camps and technologies but there's a huge impetus at the moment in financial services to provide people, to provide our colleagues, with new skills, different digital skills to allow them to make the most of the new technologies and certainly going to improve our customer relationships, and being responsible is something that is the number one priority.

For example, over time we've seen attention, energy and resources with the Google My Account section and control that privacy settings so they can decide how they want to share data and what kind of relationship they want to have with technology which will continue to be an emerging and emerging conversation. Lastly driving, where your customers are the internet is no longer just a desktop experience. Offer your customers the right solution on mobile and make sure that you're there when they search. Make sure that when they're searching for an application, you're there and your applications have the technology is going to make that experience seamless and then start exploring with new technologies like assistant, and how that can help bring together the most relevant information for our customers in a, in a timely and seamless way. So that's just a rapid overview of some of the trends that we're seeing are the ways that we think that's manifesting itself in financial services. Okay, I think we can relate to a lot of the information and insights. Only a few years ago the conversation was about making sure your websites for mobile-enabled Now that's just not good enough anymore. If you're going to the mobile site to send responses. Within three seconds I think we're all where it all when he went around from the, expect that instant access that the internet's not quite working well enough for your 4G's not quite strong enough. Hey, every one of us wants that answer there and then we're frustrated, we can't get it. Hey, no different for insurance consumers or any other. So that's one tip. Let them know to go back check your mobile responsiveness, websites, and make sure you're not that they're turning to you not often by having something that is responsive to customers.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I can't even begin to read that huge block of text.

Sorry, but I can't even begin to read that huge block of text.

How is that helpful to the OP if you can’t be bothered to read ?

Anyway, Dr this type of technology has been around for quite sometime now. JMI has a point.

How is that helpful to the OP if you can’t be bothered to read ?

When I posted my response there was zero formatting or carriage returns applied, making it almost impossible to read.

When I posted my response there was zero formatting or carriage returns applied, making it almost impossible to read.

Ok Mate, Sorry it Just came across a bit rude nothing personal . Take care

Well, I agree however the article is based on a presentation delivered to Brokers at Broker Expo 2019 by Adam Khalifa who is Head of EMEA Financial Services Partnerships at Google I thought the community may be interested to hear these ideas based on their thoughts.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom