Domain Manage

internet.co.uk

Discussion in 'Domain Research' started by domaingenius, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. domaingenius

domaingenius Well-Known Member

Only kidding. Where does everyone think that the domain market
    is headed ?. What next ?

DomainGenius

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. SF

SF Well-Known Member

bump.... :)

4. i4v.net

i4v.net Active Member

1nt3rn3t.co.uk is where its going :D

Seriously though i think it can only go up - we are in the darwinian stages of Web/computing etc at the moment - but it will do very nicely for people like us for the next 50 years... ;)

5. ScottJ United Kingdom

ScottJ Well-Known Member

Ha, nice bump Sean! I was almost spitting out my drink looking at this thread title.

I think in the short term domainers would be better having their domains indexed in the search engines, I'm not a domainer I would be more a developer and although I don't give a hoot about PR, having the domain at least indexed in google for a few years helps and ads value.

Just with a mini site and a couple of sig links Belief is now indexed and ranking in Google.co.uk and that is perhaps a trick thats missing for me, I know domainers may have hundreds/thousands of domains but your best one's should have some history, no point in not making your target audience as large as it can be and developers would love a generic that's got a couple of years history in google and ranks in the top 10 for its keyword!

You'll get a lot more money that way from the smaller guys anyway that don't have deep pockets to go out and brand a new website and over the next few years there are going to be more and more people looking for a nice doorway in and a generic domain with some history and a little traffic would appeal as one of the main expenses of a new venture.

6. rob

rob Founding Member

The interesting question is the history of the domain internet.co.uk :)

7. retired_member27

retired_member27 Retired Member

8. rob

rob Founding Member

Prenom that was due to drop... however didnt and was erm, 'adopted' by its current owner :)

9. retired_member27

retired_member27 Retired Member

10. Beasty

Beasty Active Member

Did they really pick that up without putting it out to drop?!

11. rob

rob Founding Member

IIRC the 'registrant' was just down as 'internet' and it was suspended and due to drop - can anyone confirm?

Generally reserved names such as nic.co.uk have registrant of RESERVED.

The domain internet.co.uk is owned by Nominet UK - rather than being reserved.

Either way it is not good - if it was a legit transfer it means that the people looking after .UK registrations cocked up their own registrant information and didnt maintain their own domain name - hardly a shining example to the rest of us :) , or it means a tasty name was, erm, 'kept' which raises seperate questions.

Or, thirdly, it ought to be placed as a RESERVED name which is what I think was meant to happen as it has not been in use and would fit the other RESERVED style names.

I wonder if it will be auctioned off or is for sale though ? :)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.