Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

item not delivered

Discussion in 'General Board' started by seanc, Feb 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seanc United Kingdom

seanc Well-Known Member

i ordered a couple on Nintendo DS cards for my kids DS's.

the site was a .co.uk and there was no indication they were in china.

this was last november! (2010)
    i did get a tracking number and i tracked it.

03/12/2010 01:31:00 NOTTINGHAM DEPOT The parcel has been despatched from depot

i have never received the parcel.

i called the courier (hdnl.co.uk) and they cannot find the parcel.

i spoke to the online shop and after 3 or 4 emails they agreed to re-ship the item - wether or not they did i dont know as they never gave me a tracking code this time.

anyway, i still havnt recieved my items and i cant do a paypal dispute as its been over 45 days.

what can i do now? can i report these people, somewhere?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. mat

mat Well-Known Member

Im afraid there is not much you can do, happens all the time.

The tracking code may of been someone elses or just one they use to keep customers off their case.

4. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

Sean, I'd be interested to know which site you ordered from, so I can check it against known fraud sites in a database, plus other checks to see if the same site was on a different domain previously.

5. seanc United Kingdom

seanc Well-Known Member

i got from; r4ds-r4ds.co.uk
    but if you look at the footer there's alot of "r4" + "revolution" related domains.

i cant believe 'there is not much i can do'

so its quite easy for someone to set up a site and take your money and get away with it?

6. I always check whois on uk domains if I'm ordering anything from a company I don't usually use, in this case it would of shown the chinese address. It does seem now though there is little you can do, I've been stung before from a uk domain ordering a ps3 -> pc game controller, hence the domain checking nowadays.

7. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

Sean, pity you didn't you look on their shipping page:

http://www.r4ds-r4ds.co.uk/pages/Shipping-&-Returns.html

The top of the page says:

They also run numerous similarly names sites like www.r4ds-r4i.co.uk - www.r4i-r4.co.uk - www.r4i-r4.fr - www.r4ds-r4i.fr and some others listed on the site you bought from, can't find anything relating to fraud for these, and only found 1 negative comment regarding delivery for them in a cursory glance I've gioven so far, see here:

http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/r4ds-r4i.co.uk

You could try contacting the COO of the company who run www.r4ds-r4i.co.uk via their page on Linkedin here:

http://hk.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Doris/Li (bottom profile listed)

http://www.linkedin.com/ppl/webprof...thType=name&trk=ndir_viewmore&lnk=vw_pprofile (direct link but need to be logged in)

She is listed for a different domain name (r4ds-r4i.co.uk) to the one you bought from, but domain is registered to the same person as the domain you bought from, plus the registrants surname Li is the same as the Linkedin COO's surname, so an obvious connection there.

It's a pity you hadn't bough of one of their other sites as in the footer on www.r4ds-r4i.co.uk it says:

Yes, during my site killing time when I was baiting scammers, I closed down numerous fake Chinese sites, and I know other baiters closed down many hundreds of them, all basically advance fee fraud sites, you place an order, pay for it (the advance fee), no product arrives, then they just ignore you generally, or promise to send a replacement, you then never receive any further replies after that, they have multiple sites set up and simply rinse and repeat.

Just from the quick checks I did, I would say this probably isn't a scam site, with the usual Chinese scammers, there will always be numerous posts on the internet from unhappy people who have been scammed, can't see anything like that fors this one so far, will do some more checking later on.

[edit]

Just to add, that hdnl.co.uk delivey firm have some terrible reviews:

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews-all-150787.html#tabs-menu

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  8. awgthomas

awgthomas Active Member

Got mine from them and all okay !!

9. AssetDomains

AssetDomains Well-Known Member

The only real avenue to money back if it was paid for by credit card in which case ring them up and ask them for a charge back.
    Depending on the amount not sure what the cards cost. It may not be the best option as you will likely piss paypal off which can be a problem as you likely need them for business in this game

10. Blossom

Blossom Well-Known Member

Don't know why you're acting all holier than thou when you were buying something illegal in the first place?

• Like Like x 1
  11. seanc United Kingdom

seanc Well-Known Member

was it really worth making that comment?

how do you know what i want it for? (they are not just for playing games with)

and how do you know that they are illegal in the country where i will be using it in?

12. crabfoot United Kingdom

crabfoot Active Member

A couple of years ago I read on a wholesale forum about a man who was trading on eBay - he bought everything from one Chinese wholesaler, and was doing well.

He had worked his way up from a $200 stake, and placed an order for $4k of goods to get the best discount. The package was sent DHL, and he tracked it all the way to his local US depot on the website.

When it didn't arrive after he had been sitting in the house for 4 days, he asked where it was, and was told it wasn't there. He never got a reasonable explanation, the insurance didn't pay out, and the event wiped out his microbusiness.

I've heard other stories, too.
    Whoever you use as a carrier, parcels do get lost sometimes, and when it happens getting compensation is always hard work. Apparently, DHL is the hardest work of all carriers.

Whatever, there should be insurance, and you or the supplier should be able to claim back the value of the goods.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  13. mat

mat Well-Known Member

I dont want to rub salt in the wound, this has happened to my brother due to not knowing what to look for, but there really are obvious alarm bell ringing signs the moment you hit the site.

Firstly the domain name/company name.

The rather Chinese looking badly made banner. Its hard to explain how it looks "Chinese" but they all do look quite similar in style and poor execution!

The lack of a contact phone number on the home page.

Infact the only contact page, has no number or address. Just a simple email form.

"We only sell genuine" plastered over all product descriptions. People dont tend to put this unless they are trying to hide the fact they are infact not genuine. Strange.

As frustrating as it is, there is no point even trying to pursue getting your money back unless it was funded via credit card. Your chances of paypal refund have expired (Probably because the store owners stalled you for long enough with tracking numbers etc) Reporting them to authorities will have no effect and im sure they will ignore any emails/legal threats you may send, as they know nothing will come of it.

Very annoying situation, but even if you did get the items they probably would of been fake/cheap quality anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.