Domain Manage

It's a bit choppy

Discussion in 'General Board' started by stender, Sep 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stender United Kingdom

stender Well-Known Member

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. admin Spain

admin Administrator Staff Member

4. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

Mad video, I was reading the news story about that a couple of days ago, they were 400 miles off the cost of New Zealand and the waves were apparently coming up to the 5th deck of the ship, sod being stuck in the cargo area with forklift trucks being thrown around like a kids toy :eek:

5. aquanuke

aquanuke Well-Known Member

I was thinking thats not too bad and then they went to the other room with a forklift flying around. Bugger getting hit with that 20 times.

6. Ashton United Kingdom

Ashton Well-Known Member

Aqua, did you not see the woman get obliterated by the pole in the first bit of footage?

I wasn't sure whether to be humored or horrified. I hope the cruise company gets better policies.

7. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

I forgot earlier, when reading the news story when it was aired online, the cruise company said they will offer passengers 20% off their next cruise because of what happened, wonder how many will take them up on that :lol:

8. disruptive

disruptive Well-Known Member

20% off, I'd be suing!

I kno whow it feels, I got stuck in a force 10 gale crossing on a ferry from the scilly isles. Many of the people on board where on the top deck with life jackets and there were helicopters overhead ready in case it sunk. People had already nominated life rafts. The toilets were a state as almost everyone on board had first evavuated their stomachs and then their bowels! It stank to high heaven and was slippery as hell. Last think you would ever want to do is to fall over in the listing boat and then gash your head on the toilet floor.

I think were on board for over 12 hours. I never forget my father calmly readying the paper in the middle of the boat not even sick and not even worried. I guess that is military training for you!

When it comes to it, it really is every man and women for themselves...as I saw.

9. charlie

charlie Well-Known Member

How much discount did you get? ;)
    seriously though sounds f**king scary. I really love sailing but the thought of it sinking freaks me out. especially a ferry, a boat that big is pretty intimidating when youre floating in the water. if it was at night . . . i'd pass out! :D

the video is amazing - shame no footage of the waves and the outside - they have to be seriously big to get range of movement. Modern boats have gyro's and thrusters to keep them level in almost all conditions.

10. disruptive

disruptive Well-Known Member

I was too young, < 16, so not really up for a good scrap then. If it were today...then maybe I'd expect issues to arise. I suspect it counts as an act of god and if you are at sea, there is nothing they can do. But 20% does seem miserly.

11. denchomsky United Kingdom

denchomsky Well-Known Member

You would think it would be common sense to bolt down the furniture on a ship, at least the heavy stuff anyway?

12. Tricky1 United Kingdom

Tricky1 Active Member

13. Ashton United Kingdom

Ashton Well-Known Member

14. tifosi United Kingdom

tifosi Well-Known Member

'...I am flyyyiing, I am flyyyiiing'...

Great song choice!

15. Leeroy

Leeroy Banned

I would have shit my self had i been on that ship lol. I bet its put a few of cruising again :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.