Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

I've moved to Asia for 3 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, but if its going to be posted on random domain/business/affiliate type sites then we want different content from what his auntie Mabel back in england wants to see :D

It's a bit worrying that office space in Thailand is more expensive than here!

Really? You can get a comfy-looking desk in an office with "wifi, free coffee, tea, water and snacks" for under £3.50 a day? I'm very curious as to where...

How much are these rent a desk spaces in the UK I've never looked into it.

I thought the Thai prices were reasonable if you took the monthly option worked out about £60 a month

If you're including internet and refreshments those prices look brilliant... no way you're getting anywhere close to that in the UK!

Yep, and it's great that you're not documenting your working life on a public blog too, or anything like that :)

(NOTE: I really enjoyed reading your story and the earlier pieces you posted, but it is technically "evidence" of an intent to work)

Just let the guy enjoy what he's doing. I've done a lot worse things in Thailand than blog about what I had for dinner :) He doesn't need people pissing on his chips with legal worries. Give the guy a break!

Technically he's not working over there. His business is uk based, and I'm assuming registered for UK tax. He's remote working part-time. If he was web dev'ing for a Thai business then a prob issue.

No different from going to Australia and still having a business running in the uk. Not an issue so long as they don't start working for an aus registered business. Plenty I know do that to enjoy the summer down under.

I'll be working in China again for a few weeks myself soon, certainly a different experience than the UK.

Just don't expect the same thing as you get here when you ask for pop-corn chicken; popcorn

Attachments

• 10151522548310834.jpg
    10151522548310834.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 152
Really? You can get a comfy-looking desk in an office with "wifi, free coffee, tea, water and snacks" for under £3.50 a day? I'm very curious as to where...

How much are these rent a desk spaces in the UK I've never looked into it.

I thought the Thai prices were reasonable if you took the monthly option worked out about £60 a month

The ones that we've used don't include free snacks.

One was about £45/month (or £30/year if you were happy to just use the large bar/restaurant - which is a really nice space). I think it included some printing costs and free meeting room bookings as well as networking events which are twice a month.

The current one is about £35/month and includes free access to accountants for business advice, 24/7 access by card, tea/coffee/water machines, fridge and cupboard space, discounted printing, and free meeting room bookings.

Never seen internet access charged separately.

Great to read. I've always wanted to travel across Asia and never got round to it. Very close to booking a one-way ticket now!

Your blog loads very slow though. I appreciate the photos are large but still takes ages...

Great to read. I've always wanted to travel across Asia and never got round to it. Very close to booking a one-way ticket now!

Your blog loads very slow though. I appreciate the photos are large but still takes ages...

It's because the whole site is being re-routed via Thai immigration :lol:

The ones that we've used don't include free snacks.

One was about £45/month (or £30/year if you were happy to just use the large bar/restaurant - which is a really nice space). I think it included some printing costs and free meeting room bookings as well as networking events which are twice a month.

The current one is about £35/month and includes free access to accountants for business advice, 24/7 access by card, tea/coffee/water machines, fridge and cupboard space, discounted printing, and free meeting room bookings.

Never seen internet access charged separately.

That is crazy cheap in the UK! Where is it?!

Great read max.

We have access to any i2office space via a huddlebuy membership but they dont give any snacks..

I've just come back from 1 month in Shanghai, China. Things are certainly different in Asia and it's easy to lose touch with the UK especially as FB, Twitter and Google don't work.

Food is so different, 10 X the amount of people you can imagine on the Subway or shopping malls, crappy Internet most of the time but the people are happy and sociable. Be prepared to be stared at a lot.

Chinese eat 3 meals a day, but the food is so good for you they don't have the obesity problems they would have if they were eating that much Western food. I lost half a stone by eating more than I usually do.

I haven't used a knife and fork for a month apart from one day we had spaghetti, sweet revenge on them laughing at my chopsticks skills as they don't know how to twiddle spaghetti on a fork.

Had a day off Monday for "tomb cleaning day" - public transport is really cheap so went to a lake area 1 hour from Shanghai. Was beautiful but completely crowded with people. If you don't like queing, don't go to China.

If you have never been to Asia, add it to your list of things you must do.

Admin

Some great info there. Thanks, Admin.

Just to add (for people who've not headed out there before) that you shouldn't think of "Asia" (in the Far East sense of the word) as a monolithic place - every country and region has its own very distinct, very different character.

Take Japan...

From a tech perspective, for example, if you visit Tokyo you'll see people watching uninterrupted TV on the underground even in the tunnels on their smartphones - or on bullet trains at 300km/h - and you'd have to go to South Korea to find faster domestic internet connectivity.

On the other hand, you'll also see insane numbers of people (especially if you go to popular central districts like Shibuya, Shinjuku, Roppongi etc.) and you will also get stared at from time to time.

Food-wise, there's every cuisine you can possibly imagine (Tokyo has more Michelin starred restaurants than France does).

And Akihabara at night is out of this world. Think a clean, tidy version of "Bladerunner" :)

Some great info there. Thanks, Admin.

Just to add (for people who've not headed out there before) that you shouldn't think of "Asia" (in the Far East sense of the word) as a monolithic place - every country and region has its own very distinct, very different character.

Take Japan...

From a tech perspective, for example, if you visit Tokyo you'll see people watching uninterrupted TV on the underground even in the tunnels on their smartphones - or on bullet trains at 300km/h - and you'd have to go to South Korea to find faster domestic internet connectivity.

On the other hand, you'll also see insane numbers of people (especially if you go to popular central districts like Shibuya, Shinjuku, Roppongi etc.) and you will also get stared at from time to time.

Food-wise, there's every cuisine you can possibly imagine (Tokyo has more Michelin starred restaurants than France does).

And Akihabara at night is out of this world. Think a clean, tidy version of "Bladerunner" :)

Far too many people in China/Japan for me. Not my idea of fun.
I hate queuing for anything and I hate very busy places.

Been to London once. 15yrs ago. Hated it.
Underground was just a nightmare. "Survival of the fittest" and that was not even at rush hour.

I always got the impression if you keeled over, people would just step over you and continue on their way.

Same with flying, what a dreadful experience. You are treated no better than cattle. All herded in to little lines, queuing up to get in to the airport and then all over again when it's time to get on the plane and then you have the same lovely experience at the other end if you are flying outwith Europe. I put up with it because I want to go somewhere sunny with the family but I detest it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom