Domain Manage

jobs board CMS / script

Discussion in 'Content Management Systems' started by domainstack, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. domainstack

domainstack Member

Any recommendations for a good simple one? Initially I want to let anyone register and post jobs on a moderated basis, with some sort of integrated payment service later. I don't mind paying a bit (it's a speculative site, though, so not loads...) but obviously if there's something good and free out there, that's all the better!

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. itrends

itrends Active Member

4. foz

foz Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

5. domainstack

domainstack Member

Great, thanks. I'm going to have a play with jobberbase, which sounds ideal - single industry recruitment is *exactly* what I'm doing! Otherwise, I might talk to the people from KitchenTwo. I'd much rather deal with a UK company than an anonymous script-factory.

6. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

7. itrends

itrends Active Member

Yeah had a look at Jamit a few weeks back. Some nice features but the support etc was a bit of an issue. Plus trying to get it as slick as todays apps are expected to be (i.e to make it quick and simple of the users in a slick interface) was more hassle than just building my own from scratch.

Having said that, I am in the unique position where I can make my own. For those that can't, all of the above mentioned are probably great starting points. I would perhaps recommend a 'free' solution while you see if you can get the traffic and demand, then invest in something proper if it is a niche you are really getting into with some success.

8. blacknight Ireland

blacknight Active Member

Which, if any, of these scripts has seo-friendly URLs?

9. StGerrard

StGerrard New Member

10. itrends

itrends Active Member

Now building my own new job boards in asp and php.

Please feel free to flag features you never seem to be able to find / are important to you.

The idea of my job board is to be niche focused rather than multi industry. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.